WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa doesn't look very good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'll probably get ripped on for this comment too, like I did with the Terry Bowden comment but here it goes anyway.

If either Ken O'Keffe or Norm Parker are indeed fired or let go, whatever you wanna call it, would Either of them become Candidates for the ISU Job?

Just throwing that out there. I know it's all speculation, just wanted to get opinions.

And don't say They'd never go to ISU because McCarney did and he started as an assistant at Iowa as well.
    The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
    "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

Stormin' Norm is too close to retirement age to take a head coaching job at a BCS university that needs to build from the ground up.

O'Keefe may not have his job at the end of the year (even I know what plays are coming from Iowa's offense) and I highly doubt that Pollard will want to start the rebuilding process around a coach that would probably be considered an Iowa reject.

Comment

It would the dream of an Iowa fan if one of those guys took over at ISU. They can't stand their coordinators.

Comment

I agree with Speech. Parker's too old, and I don't think O'Keefe would even be considered.
          UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

It would also be a dream for Iowa fans if one of their coordinators took over at ISU so they could continue that ingenious "little brother" smack. "You guys can only get the coaches we throw away..."

Comment

Originally posted by speechpanther View Post
              O'Keefe may not have his job at the end of the year (even I know what plays are coming from Iowa's offense) and I highly doubt that Pollard will want to start the rebuilding process around a coach that would probably be considered an Iowa reject.
              Agreed. A group of 10 of us went to the game on Saturday (Badger fans -- I went to UW for grad school) and the Iowa guys sitting behind us kept calling all of the plays just from the formations. I'm not going to say they were right all of the time but 75% from a non "expert" isn't too shabby.

I heard this from them and then saw it in a report online by Jason Miller (yes that Miller family) that Tate has only audibled to a pass something like 2 times all year.

Comment

Sounds like Harbaugh is the front-runner. eeeegh!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat
                  Harbaugh could be a geat choice, but I fail to understand the logic that says Farley is not a candidate because he is a 1AA coach and Harbaugh is the man!
                  That's a great point. I'd rather have Farley than Harbaugh.

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
                    Sounds like Harbaugh is the front-runner. eeeegh!
                    I just don't understand that. This is the hire that will determine Pollard's future, I certainly wouldn't stake that on a guy with this sort of limited record.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat
                      Harbaugh could be a geat choice, but I fail to understand the logic that says Farley is not a candidate because he is a 1AA coach and Harbaugh is the man!
                      Plus Harbaugh Coaches at a NON SCHOLARSHIP School. But that could be to his advantage because recruiting has to be tough and if he's good at recruiting he may be a good fit at ISU.
                      The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
                      "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

We'll see what they think of Harbaugh after they get trounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                        X