WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Iowa State!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Go Iowa State!

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
    See Gene Chizik get shalacked today!?
    Yes, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
    He's got a tough road ahead of him.

Comment

cydave...do the clowns have a board?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
        real classy.
        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Yeah, us clowns have a board.
          www.cyclonefanatic.com is the most popular.

Comment

just wondering how many pro-uni threads they allow over there. Same with Hawkeye Report. Just sayin'

Comment

I'd rather have Dave over here than there...

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
                See Gene Chizik get shalacked today!?
                Did you also notice that Auburn as a program is about 90 light years ahead of Iowa State??? Always has been, always will be.

Comment

When I watching the Auburn-West Virginia game, the announcers were explaining after interviewing Auburn's AD Jay Jacobs that the reason he hired Chizik was that Gene was a very confident man, was very confident in his plan, and very confident that his plan would succeed. I kept thinking all of that was also true of Custer.

I've heard the wining from people supporting Chizik's move that Chizik was just never going to be able to win at Iowa State. Maybe not a National Championship, but as first Earle Bruce, then Dan McCarney have shown you can win at Iowa State. If I'm Chizik I would rather take my chances at Auburn, but the Chizik didn't have a legit shot at having 8-9 win teams in Ames was just BS.
                  Last edited by DWadle1983; 10-11-2009, 12:23 PM.
                  "Lot of people talked about Ohio State or Georgetown or Michigan State or whoever, [or] Maryland in our bracket. When the brackets came out, the first team I looked at was Northern Iowa," Kansas Coach Bill Self.

Comment

just wondering how many pro-uni threads they allow over there. Same with Hawkeye Report. Just sayin'
                    They don't care as long as its put in the proper forum.
                    I didn't even start this thread anyways, it was started by a panther fan.

I went back and looked in our "rivals" forum and we have some threads entitled, "I find myself rooting for the hawkeyes" "Iowa improves during the season" "Does UNI have a shot?" "hawkeyes on 8 watch lists for national awards" "New turf in UNIdome" .... and plenty more. A message board isn't just for talking about the home team, if that was the case, it would get rather redundant and boring. That's the point of having rivals forums, conference forum, etc.

If you want your message board to be "panther fans only" then go ahead and be a dick to all of the visitors here. Over at cyclonefanatic, we welcome all types of visitors and discussion topics, as long as they aren't talking smack, etc. I have never talked smack over here once.
                    Stop being so grouchy.

Comment

I'm so sick of the "dual fan" thing. Some Panther fans need to get over themselves. On the other side of the coin, some fans of others schools who also cheer for UNI need to realize that not everyone cares about your other team.

As long as the thread is where it's supposed to be, who cares. I just want as many UNI fans as possible to enjoy cheering for UNI.
                      "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Hey, CyDave is a friendly sort. Be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                          Hey, CyDave is a friendly sort. Be nice.
                          Thank you.

Comment

cydave, after you guys beat army and were 3-1 I looked at your schedule and was like hey ISU has a decent chance to go to a bowl game, I thought they would probably lose to nebraska, okie state and at that time A&M, but i could see them wining everything else and going to a decent bowl, but whats been going on, did you guys forget how to win? and the dual fan thing, come on people that doesn't make any sense, you can like one and only one thing, that's just well dumb. Yes I root for the hawks and the cyclones, the only difference between me and dave is when uni and Iowa State play he roots for ISU(he is confused about that) and I root for UNI. That doesn't make me any less of a panther fan.
                            Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherclaw View Post
                              cydave, after you guys beat army and were 3-1 I looked at your schedule and was like hey ISU has a decent chance to go to a bowl game, I thought they would probably lose to nebraska, okie state and at that time A&M, but i could see them wining everything else and going to a decent bowl, but whats been going on, did you guys forget how to win? and the dual fan thing, come on people that doesn't make any sense, you can like one and only one thing, that's just well dumb. Yes I root for the hawks and the cyclones, the only difference between me and dave is when uni and Iowa State play he roots for ISU(he is confused about that) and I root for UNI. That doesn't make me any less of a panther fan.
                              After we were 3-1 most of the fanbase was thinking bowl game. Now, after the last two games against KSU and KU, we seem to think that our team is just inventing new ways to lose games.
                              A win this week against Baylor will go a long ways in determining the rest of our season. With Griffin out, this game is very winnable. IF we win, I think the bowl talk could come back into picture, but the rest of our season will need to be error free. Future wins against Colorado, aTm, and OSU (if Dez Bryant stays out) are possible. I could see this team getting to 6-6 and making a bowl, but in my eyes are more realistic record would be 5-7. Anything less than 5-7 would be a letdown. However, I think the future is bright with Rhoads as HC, although the schedule for the next two years is about as tough as it gets.

And yes, I root for the panthers every chance I get. I played football with Derrick Law at Newton and I am still very good friends with him. Not to mention my Mom is a UNI alum. Being a Newton High School alum, I know a handful of players that went to UNI, Tyler Rawlins being another good player.

Comment

Congrats to the Clones on the W over Baylor. That had to feel good.

Comment

Working...
                                X