WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSC Volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSC Volunteers

I renewed my membership last week. Yesterday I got the following email:

Hi Earl-
    We are following up with you to verify that you have received your UNI Panther Scholarship Club renewal form. We hope you are able to renew your pledge again this year. If you haven’t done so already, if you could please send that in by March 31st, that would be greatly appreciated. If you need us to fill the form out for you or if you have any questions, please call us at 319-555-1234. Thanks for all your support of Panther athletics!

Your PSC Volunteer

Now I'm not surprised to get this after renewing because it's was only a few days later and to avoid that would require a fairly efficient operation which I don't expect our AD/PSC to be given what I've experienced.

Rather I was just wondering if this is a scripted email you are given to send out. I hope not, I hope my personal volunteer wrote it. Because maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I find them offering to fill out an extremely simple form for me if I need help fairly offensive. I know things have gone downhill a lot at UNI and in society in general, but no UNI alumni from my era needs help filling out a simple form.

I supposed the ironic thing is, when you renew online as I always do, you just enter your member number and the computer auto-fills most of the information. That's efficient, not offensive.

Re: PSC Volunteers

As a PSC volunteer I personally write my own emails and phone calls to my contact list. The above email most likely came from the PSC office - if you renew online, your PSC volunteer name might not be listed or your volunteer is no longer a volunteer. I would call the PSC office and clarify.

Comment

It is not a scripted email that we get to send out. I'm sorry if it offended you in any way and wish it had been more personal. However I do offer to fill out the form for many of my contacts and they often take me up on it because it's one less thing for them to think about/deal with. ANything I can do to make it easier and also get that renewal in is good. Some of my contacts are just busy parents who keep forgetting or the form got lost in the pile of school papers that get sent home every day. Others just like the ease of me doing it for them. Also, email can be the simplest way to reach a contact. I know I have tried numerous times to reach a few of mine and have had no luck, yet I do get a response via email. Not everyone likes it, though, and that makes perfect sense, too.
      We PSC volunteers are working very hard for UNI athletics and I hope you don't take this as a sign that we aren't. Please continue to support the PSC and know how much we appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
        As a PSC volunteer I personally write my own emails and phone calls to my contact list. The above email most likely came from the PSC office - if you renew online, your PSC volunteer name might not be listed or your volunteer is no longer a volunteer. I would call the PSC office and clarify.
        I changed the name and phone number in the interest of privacy. I was really hoping the PSC office did not write this script. If they did then many volunteers may be using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Earl View Post
          I changed the name and phone number in the interest of privacy. I was really hoping the PSC office did not write this script. If they did then many volunteers may be using it.
          This is the first time I have seen this email. It wasn't sent out to PSC volunteers to use.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
            It is not a scripted email that we get to send out. I'm sorry if it offended you in any way and wish it had been more personal. However I do offer to fill out the form for many of my contacts and they often take me up on it because it's one less thing for them to think about/deal with. ANything I can do to make it easier and also get that renewal in is good. Some of my contacts are just busy parents who keep forgetting or the form got lost in the pile of school papers that get sent home every day. Others just like the ease of me doing it for them. Also, email can be the simplest way to reach a contact. I know I have tried numerous times to reach a few of mine and have had no luck, yet I do get a response via email. Not everyone likes it, though, and that makes perfect sense, too.
            We PSC volunteers are working very hard for UNI athletics and I hope you don't take this as a sign that we aren't. Please continue to support the PSC and know how much we appreciate it!
            I don't care if it is personal and I much prefer email to phone calls, but actually I don't have any need for a volunteer to contact me at all. I know what time of year it is and it takes me 2 minutes to renew online at most. It would take 10 minutes to talk to someone on the phone and have them fill out the form for me, and my name would be spelled wrong.

Thanks to both of you for volunteering, I probably am over sensitive as I said. I've got about 20 years minimum, but I plan to die before I get to the point I need someone else to tie my shoes, wipe my butt, or fill out my name and address on a form.

Comment

SE - your're our favorite kind of PSC member. You take care of your renewal right away!!
              Unfortuneately, there are 100s of members who put if off. as PSC volunteers WE THANK YOU!!!

Comment

SE - your're our favorite kind of PSC member. You take care of your renewal right away!!
                Unfortuneately, there are 100s of members who put if off. as PSC volunteers WE THANK YOU!!!
                Speaking of that, I did too... when's that prize drawing!
                Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                  Speaking of that, I did too... when's that prize drawing!
                  The names were drawn last week. You can contact the PSC office or your volunteer to see if your name was drawn!

AND THANKS to you, too, for renewing promptly!!

Comment

As a PSC volunteer I dream of a world where the Panthers always win and PSC members promptly return their renewals without prompting from the volunteers. But seriously, it would be awesome to have all Earl and Casbern's out there so we could just spend our time and volunteer resources on finding new members and dollars for UNI / PSC. Thank you to all who continue to support the PSC and a special thanks to all the volunteers who spend hours and hours and hours volunteering their time.

Comment

The names were drawn last week. You can contact the PSC office or your volunteer to see if your name was drawn!

AND THANKS to you, too, for renewing promptly!!
                      I won! Yay!

I hope it's a cool UNI kayak.
                      Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                        i won! Yay!

I hope it's a cool uni kayak.
                        congrats!!!

Comment

I was wondering if someone can answer this for me. How does one get the PSC clothing merchandise. I always the clothing when I'm at the games.
                          GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Become a PSC Volunteer and help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsoup View Post
                              I was wondering if someone can answer this for me. How does one get the PSC clothing merchandise. I always the clothing when I'm at the games.
                              Become a volunteer. The few, the strong...the Team Behind the Teams! Seriously, would love to have you volunteer and bring some CR folks into the club. Second most opportunity for real growth is CR...behind Des Moines and the 100 PSC members that live there, of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X