WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friedman 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friedman 2013

@ny2lasports2013 PF Ted Friedman of Ankeny HS (IA) is set to visit Nebraska this wknd, Wisconsin Oct 1st, UNI Oct 8th, and Minnesota Oct 29th

Re: Friedman 2013

Rivals Page
    Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

i watched ankeny play vs SC East at the Well last year and dont remember this kid at all. of course ankeny had 5 white dudes that looked exactly the same as they made every J they took.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
        i watched ankeny play vs SC East at the Well last year and dont remember this kid at all. of course ankeny had 5 white dudes that looked exactly the same as they made every J they took.
        Well obviously he's a team player.
        Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

they looked like the factory blemishes from Bo Ryan's plant up in madison

Comment

Friedman is arguably the best player in 2013. I think Jok might be better, but Friedman is making a strong push for that title. I get nervous with CIML guys though, they seem to always be looking for something bigger and waiting until the last moment. If that's the case, UNI will probably move on before Friedman makes his decision.

Here's the scoop with Shanks...he was offered in early December. He played a full summer on a very good AAU team, and he has been to multiple camps this summer (by all internet accounts). He has offers from UNI, N.Dakota, Colorado State, and Utah State. Usually, around a year is about as long as Jake tends to wait around before they move on (see Kale A, Estan T, etc...). If the kid doesn't know he wants to come to UNI by the time he's been courted and offered for a full year (or almost a full year), then, he's probably not going to come to UNI. So, at this point, I'm getting a little nervous about Shanks, b/c UNI has been there with him while he was sitting out last year and throughout the summer, but no commit to my knowledge.

There will most likely only be one more scholy available for a big man in the 2013 class. If it's Shanks or Friedman (or somebody else TBD) then I think it will be just one guy, and then, two more scholys for guards...which will probably come much later in the recruiting game. It seems like guys are committing later and later this year than normally.
            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Pete could be a great player but i dont think his knees will allow that. its too bad.

Comment

Never seen the kid before (and I teach at a CIML school district), but you gotta love the name Ted Friedman - sounds like a guy who played ball in the 70s and is now your insurance salesman.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                  Never seen the kid before (and I teach at a CIML school district), but you gotta love the name Ted Friedman - sounds like a guy who played ball in the 70s and is now your insurance salesman.
                  he may have some global economic insight as an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                    he may have some global economic insight as an added bonus.
                    Are you referring to George Friedman, author of The Next 100 Years and The Next Decade?

Two of the more interesting books I've read in the last decade or so - highly recommend them.
                    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                    - George Halas

Comment

Probably Milton, maybe Thomas

Comment

tom

kaboom

Comment

Abe Frohman
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                            Abe Frohman
                            The Sausage King of Chicago?

Comment

You got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X