WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa game Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa game Tailgating

Does anyone know of any lots in Iowa City that are motorhome friendly? Everything I can find on the U of I site is season long passfor motorhomes. The city lot we parked in last time is now gated.

Re: Iowa game Tailgating

you should be able to park at finkbine golf course. its first come first serve. RV parking is in flux for this year because the new indoor practice facility was built where RV season pass parking used to be, so i am not yet sure if the users of those spots will get bumped to finkbine or not.

you can also find some private parking with room for RVs. i park one on melrose across from the stadium for one game each year.

Comment

I used to tailgate in the dental school lot and there were always a ton of RV's, I would imagine it is also first come first serve.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
        I used to tailgate in the dental school lot and there were always a ton of RV's, I would imagine it is also first come first serve.
        those spots also require a season parking pass.

however i also recommend hitting up craigslist the week of the game and seeing what passes are for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
          those spots also require a season parking pass.

however i also recommend hitting up craigslist the week of the game and seeing what passes are for sale.
          I kinda figured that it required some kind of pass, but I didn't have to deal with it so I didn't ever care to ask about it.

Comment

GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

i talked to someone and nothing is changed for RV's this year. i would get to finkbine friday night, or find an RV pass on craiglist or the ticket exchange on the iowa rivals.

Comment

Thanks for linking to our site.

The site linked above should give you the info you need. If it's tough to understand, I'll try to break it down for you.

Majority of the lots require a parking pass for RVs. There are cash-only lots.

In 2012, it costs $50 for an RV. You just pay as you arrive at the parking lot.
                Parking opens at 7 p.m. on Friday night.

Utility Trailers and pull-behind Motor Homes/5th Wheels are not permitted to park in reserved lots. Parking for those is available in the Hawkeye Commuter lot.

This image should be easier to understand:

NOTE: The FinkBine Golf Course Lot (lower bottom left) doesn't accept cash. You have to have a pre-paid pass to park there.

The softball complex (upper left corner) is about a 15-18 minute walk to Kinnick Stadium. There is a trail you walk, so you won't be walking through traffic or anything like that. It's actually an enjoyable walk.

Any other questions about tailgating, view our site. Otherwise contact me directly: [email protected]

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by IowaTailgate View Post

NOTE: The FinkBine Golf Course Lot (lower bottom left) doesn't accept cash. You have to have a pre-paid pass to park there.

The softball complex (upper left corner) is about a 15-18 minute walk to Kinnick Stadium. There is a trail you walk, so you won't be walking through traffic or anything like that. It's actually an enjoyable walk.

Any other questions about tailgating, view our site. Otherwise contact me directly: [email protected]

Enjoy!
                  Does Finkbine not accept cash for just RV's or cars now, too? We pulled in and paid on gameday in our car a few years ago. Just wondering if that has changed. Thanks.

Comment

i was not aware that finkbine required a prepaid pass for RV's either. i am positive that you can pay cash at the driving range for a regular car.

Comment

Your welcomed! :-)

The site linked above should give you the info you need. If it's tough to understand, I'll try to break it down for you.

Majority of the lots require a parking pass for RVs. There are cash-only lots.

In 2012, it costs $50 for an RV. You just pay as you arrive at the parking lot.
                      Parking opens at 7 p.m. on Friday night.

Utility Trailers and pull-behind Motor Homes/5th Wheels are not permitted to park in reserved lots. Parking for those is available in the Hawkeye Commuter lot.

This image should be easier to understand:

Enjoy!
                      GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
                        Does Finkbine not accept cash for just RV's or cars now, too? We pulled in and paid on gameday in our car a few years ago. Just wondering if that has changed. Thanks.
                        You can still park vehicles there with cash. It's $20 this year. (it was probably 10 or 15 last time you were there).

If the weather is wet, then parking is only allowed on the hard surface only.

As for RVs, this is what it says on Iowas website:

"General Public RV parking is available in the Hawkeye Commuter, Hall of Fame, hard surface lot at Finkbine Golf Course - with a prepaid season pass only, Lower Finkbine and Softball Complex lots. Free parking and shuttle service are available from the Hancher Commuter Lot (east) and the Hawkeye Commuter Lot (west) starting two hours prior to kick off."

Apparently you have to purchase a season long pass to park there. I've never tailgated there before, so I can't tell you what the atmosphere is like.
                        If you want information about purchasing a parking pass, I would give the ticket office a call during normal business hours: 1-800-IA-HAWKS and press '1' to speak with the ticket office. They will provide you with more detail.

Comment

I would give the ticket office a call during normal business hours: 1-800-IA-HAWKS and press '1' to speak with the ticket office. They will provide you with more detail.
                          Wait..a ticket office that knows what they are talking about? Yeah right buddy... don't come on here throwing flames like that.
                          Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                            Wait..a ticket office that knows what they are talking about? Yeah right buddy... don't come on here throwing flames like that.
                            I've had some issues with the Iowa ticket office in previous years. Usually it's students who are working, so I can't complain too much.
                            But half the time, they are clueless so they have to transfer you to someone else. 3 transfers later, you will eventually get your answer.

Starting to get off topic, but what really bothers me is that they don't mail out season tickets until about 10 days before the start of the season.
                            It can't be that difficult to print the tickets, throw in an envelope and mail with plenty of time. They require payment back in March so they have all summer to do it.

/End of rant.

Comment

I've had some issues with the Iowa ticket office in previous years. Usually it's students who are working, so I can't complain too much.
                              But half the time, they are clueless so they have to transfer you to someone else. 3 transfers later, you will eventually get your answer.

Starting to get off topic, but what really bothers me is that they don't mail out season tickets until about 10 days before the start of the season.
                              It can't be that difficult to print the tickets, throw in an envelope and mail with plenty of time. They require payment back in March so they have all summer to do it.

/End of rant.
                              1. Someones trying to start a UNITix bashing session....
                              2. Season tickets aren't printed by the universities (at least UNI isn't for sure). They are printed by an outside company. The university is pretty much at the will of when the printing company sends the tickets back to mail out. When I worked at UNI the tickets were in the mail out from UNI within 24 hours of getting them in.

Comment

Working...
                              X