WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schult wins Buchanan Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schult wins Buchanan Award

How is this not a thread yet? I'm as apathetic as anyone with this program right now but this is huge.

The award goes to the best defensive player in the fcs. Only the fourth MVFC player and first Panther to ever won the award.

His collection of awards from this year is amazingly large.

Congrats Karter! What an amazing career you've had. It's been awesome getting to watch you dominate the last few years.

Re: Schult wins Buchanan Award

Originally posted by claw View Post
    How is this not a thread yet? I'm as apathetic as anyone with this program right now but this is huge.

The award goes to the best defensive player in the fcs. Only the fourth MVFC player and first Panther to ever won the award.

His collection of awards from this year is amazingly large.

Congrats Karter! What an amazing career you've had. It's been awesome getting to watch you dominate the last few years.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Congratulations to KS.

He's racked up a huge pile of hardware.

Best D player in country, great student, from small town Iowa. Awesome.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Amazing accomplishment! Very proud of him!
        "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

We need more Panthers like Karter

A fantastic accomplishment and well deserved recognition for Karter

Comment

Awesome award. Hopefully he can make a living in the NFL. Also, why is it a positive that he's from "small town Iowa", Blue42? Are you saying that's a selling point over having gone to Dowling, Davenport Central, etc? If so, let's hear some logic.

Comment

nothing wrong with small town pride, just like there isn't anything wrong with having pride that someone from Iowa in general gets recognition over players from places like Texas or Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                nothing wrong with small town pride, just like there isn't anything wrong with having pride that someone from Iowa in general gets recognition over players from places like Texas or Florida.
                I totally agree. It is just wonderful to see someone from UNI get recognition for their achievements. By the way, have other UNI players won this award? I was thinking Bryce Paup but not sure.

Comment

Big time award for a very deserving Panther, great representative of not only our football program, but our university and our state.

However, part of me thinks that there were players on our 05-09 teams that were just as deserving, but kind of took away votes from one another because everyone on the defense was so good.

Again not taking anything away from Karter, very very deserving, and I hope he gets his chance in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
                    I totally agree. It is just wonderful to see someone from UNI get recognition for their achievements. By the way, have other UNI players won this award? I was thinking Bryce Paup but not sure.
                    First Panther to win this. Per UNI press release, several other have been finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                      First Panther to win this. Per UNI press release, several other have been finalists.
                      Paup was out of college and with the Bills when the first one was awarded in '95.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

The Shrine Game is tomorrow on the NFL Network. Schult has gotten some positive reviews in the practices this week, which is more important to NFL scouts than the actual game. If he makes a roster, it will most likely be as a pass rushing OLB.

One other who got some nice pub was an OL from NDSU. But, the guy really blowing it up is the TE from Drake, Eric Saubert. Scouts are loving him this week, and he got invited to the Scouting Combine.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                          The Shrine Game is tomorrow on the NFL Network. Schult has gotten some positive reviews in the practices this week, which is more important to NFL scouts than the actual game. If he makes a roster, it will most likely be as a pass rushing OLB.

One other who got some nice pub was an OL from NDSU. But, the guy really blowing it up is the TE from Drake, Eric Saubert. Scouts are loving him this week, and he got invited to the Scouting Combine.
                          I'm surprised there isn't some buzz on here after this game. I thought Schult played just as well as the other d-lineman they kept raving about. I know they said that the offensive linemen in this game were subpar but the East defense dominated. The NDSU lineman was hurt and didn't play but I thought the Drake TE didn't do himself any favors with the way he played.

Comment

Originally posted by MnPantherFan View Post
                            I'm surprised there isn't some buzz on here after this game. I thought Schult played just as well as the other d-lineman they kept raving about. I know they said that the offensive linemen in this game were subpar but the East defense dominated. The NDSU lineman was hurt and didn't play but I thought the Drake TE didn't do himself any favors with the way he played.
                            The game doesn't matter as much as the practices, and that Drake TE blew up like crazy in those practices.

Karter looked real good in practice and graded out at like an 87.5 out of 100 according to ProFootballFocus. He certainly helped himself.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                              The game doesn't matter as much as the practices, and that Drake TE blew up like crazy in those practices.

Karter looked real good in practice and graded out at like an 87.5 out of 100 according to ProFootballFocus. He certainly helped himself.
                              Did you watch the game? He certainly did not help himself with the way he played. I wasn't at the practices, getting invited to the combine is definitely huge. He can continue to put up good numbers in shorts which will help him but I would prefer to draft a player who looks good playing football.

Looking at our posts I think we are talking about two different things here.
                              Last edited by MnPantherFan; 01-24-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X