WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAB (Friday at the Ballpark)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAB (Friday at the Ballpark)

I saw on the Waterloo Bucks web site that on every Friday home Panther baseball game, they will be serving $1 draws of beer. Sounds like I'll be going to a lot more Panther baseball games on Friday. What do you guys think?
    "If you want to bet against this UNI football team, go ahead. But, I'd be very careful."

-UNI Head Football Coach Mark Farley

I think I'm with you on that one

Comment

in 2001 when UNI played Wichita State on a Friday night they ran the campus buses to and from the game.....good attendance, i think 900 listed.....any word if they will be doing that again this year?

Comment

They hardly have enough moo-lah to run the buses during the day, the likley hood of running them at night is zilch
        Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

B.True-

Didn't Ungs pitch that game? I remember being there, I think. That was a great crowd. Was it Ungs vs. Pelfrey?
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Pelfrey would have been in high school then

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone
              B.True-

Didn't Ungs pitch that game? I remember being there, I think. That was a great crowd. Was it Ungs vs. Pelfrey?
              i think Ungs did pitch. it was tied late, but the Shockers ended up winning. if memory serves, the panthers took 1 of 4 that weekend, but the friday night crowd was what i remember most....it was a good time for all that made the trip. hope this april is much of the same

Comment

That sounds awesome, I hope to be there for the Panthers to smack the purple out of the Purple Aces.
                Maybe there could be some tailgating before or after?

Go Panthers!!!
                Go Panthers!!!

Comment

everyone who can...should get out there and enjoy the weather, the baseball and the beer. When I was a student, the scenery wasn't all that bad either.
                  "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

The beer was the best part of the game. We got killed 6-1 by Evansville. One Evansville crushed a 2-run homer off of Jevne and they also got off to an early lead in the game. We only had 6 hits the entire game. We aren't good at all. There were some good plays, but you'll have that. they really need to get their act together and start winning some games. go Panthers!!
                    Coach Whisenhunt 1/18/09. "There was never any complaints about not being named the starter, all he wanted was an opportunity and he took advantage of it. Kurt is probably one of the greatest individuals you'll ever meet. Kurt worked hard on a lot of things that a lot of times older quarterbacks aren't willing to do. That's a credit to his humility and his competitive drive, and the reason that we are here today in great part is what Kurt Warner has done for us."

Comment

FAB Friday at the Ballpark

Think Id be down for this, I was planning on taking Friday off anyway with no plans..

Meet up somewhere and head down?

Comment

Re: FAB (Friday at the Ballpark)

huh?

10 chars

Comment

Re: FAB Friday at the Ballpark

Originally posted by Mak_PAME View Post
                          Think Id be down for this, I was planning on taking Friday off anyway with no plans..

Meet up somewhere and head down?
                          Hey spambot, I don't think the Bucks play on Fridays in December.
                          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Working...
                          X