WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    I see BJ Ray is not listed on the FB or BB roster, what happened there?
    Seriously? That sucks but would not be suprising. We've been looking for him at games because we've talked quite a bit since he's been here. I'm guessing he's somewhere where he can get playing time in one or both sports.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

A month or so ago during an online chat w/ Kelly from the Courier he mentioned BJ would not be joining the team.

Comment

Has anyone else looked back on that first post...seen names like Kock, Ali, Kwadzo, etc...and just shuddered at how awesome those classes are (Im excluding the class of '05...that one not so much). This '11 class is LOADED and Im really excited to see what they do in the years to come. Hopefully we'll see some legends in the making

Comment

why is AJ on there twice?
          "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Comment

funny, not sure if thats legal or not......too late to add something about paying their own way since we have no scholly's left

Comment

UNI now has a 6 player class. Of those 6...
                1 is from Chicago
                1 is from Minneapolis
                1 is from Kansas City
                1 is from Texas (Austin)
                2 are from Iowa

There are 3 state champions, 1 national champion, and a Central Texas POY. Pretty good stuff.
                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                  1 is from Chicago
                  1 is from Minneapolis
                  1 is from Kansas City
                  1 is from Texas (Austin)
                  2 are from Iowa

There are 3 state champions, 1 national champion, and a Central Texas POY. Pretty good stuff.
                  6' PG
                  6' 1" PG
                  6' 4" SG
                  6' 5" SF
                  6' 8" PF
                  6' 8" C

Would I like a 'taller' center? Yes. Am I excited for the signing of our 6' 8" center? Absolutely. I like the diversity of this class, good size and a good mix of positions and skill sets. Reminds me of a class that led to a Sweet Sixteen not long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                    1 is from Chicago
                    1 is from Minneapolis
                    1 is from Kansas City
                    1 is from Texas (Austin)
                    2 are from Iowa

Actually, Olivier won a state championship his senior of HS in Illinois, then followed that with a prep school title, so yuo could add that to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                      Actually, Olivier won a state championship his senior of HS in Illinois, then followed that with a prep school title, so yuo could add that to the list.
                      It was his Junior year, but still counts

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                        It was his Junior year, but still counts
                        Winning is a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                          Winning is a habit.
                          It's what Panthers do best!

Comment

Does anyone know if they have rated the valley's incoming recruits? I would imagine UNI has to be up towards the top......
                            John 3:16

Comment

If you look at the ESPN ratings everyone looks pretty close. E'Ville, Drake and Ill St. are really the only ones who have "weak" classes by those rankings and they aren't that bad (Drake only had one open scholarship). Here are the average rating for each incoming class in the MVC:

Bradley: 5 recruits--67.2 (1)
                              Creighton: 4 recruits--73.5 (1)
                              Drake: 1 recruit--79
                              Evansville: 4 recruits--50 (3)
                              Ill. State: 5 recruits--57.6 (3)
                              Indy State: 4 recruits--75.25 (1)
                              Missouri State: 5 recruits--67.8 (2)
                              Southern Illinois: 5 recruits--78.4 (1)
                              UNI: 5 recruits--86.6 (not including Oliveria; I heard he was rated as a 76 coming out of highschool)
                              Wichita: 5 recruits--67 (2)

But of course those are ESPN rankings which everyone can have their opinion on but I don't look into that much. Also you may have noticed and wondered what the number in ()'s meant. They indicate the number of recruits on that team that are ranked as 40's, most likely meaning that they are a JUCO recruit that ESPN knows little to nothing about and therefore assign a standard ranking of 40 to. Obviously this skews the average rating, so once again, don't look into ESPN ratings that much.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                                If you look at the ESPN ratings everyone looks pretty close. E'Ville, Drake and Ill St. are really the only ones who have "weak" classes by those rankings and they aren't that bad (Drake only had one open scholarship). Here are the average rating for each incoming class in the MVC:

Bradley: 5 recruits--67.2 (1)
                                Creighton: 4 recruits--73.5 (1)
                                Drake: 1 recruit--79
                                Evansville: 4 recruits--50 (3)
                                Ill. State: 5 recruits--57.6 (3)
                                Indy State: 4 recruits--75.25 (1)
                                Missouri State: 5 recruits--67.8 (2)
                                Southern Illinois: 5 recruits--78.4 (1)
                                UNI: 5 recruits--86.6 (not including Oliveria; I heard he was rated as a 76 coming out of highschool)
                                Wichita: 5 recruits--67 (2)

But of course those are ESPN rankings which everyone can have their opinion on but I don't look into that much. Also you may have noticed and wondered what the number in ()'s meant. They indicate the number of recruits on that team that are ranked as 40's, most likely meaning that they are a JUCO recruit that ESPN knows little to nothing about and therefore assign a standard ranking of 40 to. Obviously this skews the average rating, so once again, don't look into ESPN ratings that much.
                                They are not all JC guys some are high schoolers, they are often times players who didn't play much AAU ball. As recruiting services love AAU tournaments because they can evaluate many players at once. Also I am sure I have said it before but you are seeing the Ali Farokmanesh effect with this class.

Comment

Working...
                                X