WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former NCC member Augustana SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former NCC member Augustana SD

Originally posted by dgcb28 View Post
    I'm not talking about those games. Mccaffrey has no control over those games. The games he has control over are almost ALWAYS 300+ RPI cupcakes, and they lose to some of them at home. For him to whine to the media that he scheduled some team most wouldn't and then have THAT non conference schedule is an absolute joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You said to look at what their RPI will look like because of those games. Their RPI will be fine because of OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
      You said to look at what their RPI will look like because of those games. Their RPI will be fine because of OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, etc...
      It won't matter & the weak ass non-con schedule will actually haunt them when they end up with 16 wins overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
        It won't matter & the weak ass non-con schedule will actually haunt them when they end up with 16 wins overall.
        They had an RPI of 43 last season with OOC games against 249, 133, 186, 316, 346, and 348. The RPI will never be an issue for a B10 team. If they only get 16 wins that will be the issue - not the RPI.

I challenge someone to find the last time a B10 team with 20 wins was left out of the dance - there's been 3 instances of 19 win teams getting in since Nebraska joined the league. The reality is, as long as they get to 19 or 20 wins they are likely in 99% of the time

Comment

They had an RPI of 43 last season with OOC games against 249, 133, 186, 316, 346, and 348. The RPI will never be an issue for a B10 team. If they only get 16 wins that will be the issue - not the RPI.

I challenge someone to find the last time a B10 team with 20 wins was left out of the dance - there's been 3 instances of 19 win teams getting in since Nebraska joined the league. The reality is, as long as they get to 19 or 20 wins they are likely in 99% of the time
          This is why Jay Bilas is right and DI needs to be shrunk to the top 13 leagues. That creates a situation where there are very, very few cupcakes and teams that win 19 or 20 games have actually accomplished something.

Can you imagine how good the tournament would be if a team like last year's Illinois State was a 15 or 16 seed? It would make every game competitive and make the tournament the best sports event on the calendar.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            This is why Jay Bilas is right and DI needs to be shrunk to the top 13 leagues. That creates a situation where there are very, very few cupcakes and teams that win 19 or 20 games have actually accomplished something.

Can you imagine how good the tournament would be if a team like last year's Illinois State was a 15 or 16 seed? It would make every game competitive and make the tournament the best sports event on the calendar.
            what if the MVC doesn't make that cut? how would you feel about it then?
            even with the arbitrary number of "top 13 leagues", the MVC is right on the bubble, and the P5 leagues would love to keep it as exclusive as possible.

Comment

...I challenge someone to find the last time a B10 team with 20 wins was left out of the dance...
              S.E.Iowa Squakeyes. 2012-13.
              Not counting Exhibitions, 20 win season +1 win in the B1G Conf tourney +4 in the NIT.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                S.E.Iowa Squakeyes. 2012-13.
                Not counting Exhibitions, 20 win season +1 win in the B1G Conf tourney +4 in the NIT.
                They also only had 9 conference wins. Though i did forget about that

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  what if the MVC doesn't make that cut? how would you feel about it then?
                  even with the arbitrary number of "top 13 leagues", the MVC is right on the bubble, and the P5 leagues would love to keep it as exclusive as possible.
                  Consistent Top 10 league and even 'Power 5 Only' guys like Bilas and Mike DeCourcey have acknowledged that the Valley would be a league included.

It amazes me that passionate UNI and Valley fans don't recognize how good the league is.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Augustana may be one of the tougher opponents that Iowa faces in the home non-con schedule.

Comment

They also only had 9 conference wins. Though i did forget about that
                      Sure, but mathematically the RPI isn't affected by who you win or lose to. If you play UNC and Bradley and win one and lose one, it doesn't matter (to your RPI) which you beat.

Of course it does matter to the selection committee.

The problem UofI had in 12-13 was that their OOC scheduling was really really bad. Not even cupcakes - just frosting. Mathematically, even if they had 21 wins their RPI would still have been bad enough that many teams with that RPI have been left out.

Comment

Originally posted by dgcb28 View Post
                        Mccaffrey defending his position of scheduling a tough opponent is the most HYSTERICAL thing I've ever heard. He and his AD are class A cowards. Tell me how that RPI looks with Coppin State, UMKC, WIU, Tennessee Tech and Gardner-Webb on your schedule that "most teams won't play" What a quack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that is why Augustana was the "exhibition" game! He wanted to make sure he had non-conference games he could win.

Comment

Working...
                        X