WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan Eglseder Article in QC Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Eglseder Article in QC Times

Here is a Jordan Eglseder article from the Quad Cities Times:
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

It's nice to see articles about future UNI student-athletes in the QC Times. That's an area of the state that needs to improve their exposure of UNI. Good luck to Jordan in golf and can't wait to see him on campus in the fall.
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Did he waver on his signing, especially when UNI coach Brad McDermott decided to take the head coaching position at Iowa State?

You are right 2317, that IS an area of the state that needs to improve their coverage of UNI. My gosh...get the freaken name right will ya!!!

Comment

How quickly we forget!

From the article...

"Did he waver on his signing, especially when UNI coach Brad McDermott decided to take the head coaching position at Iowa State?"

Now that Coach Mac is gone from UNI it is not as important to remember his name!

Comment

They got the UNI coaches name right, that's the important thing. Who cares if they get the ISU coaches name wrong.
          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

UNI coverage in the QCTimes is awful. Usually, it's an afterthought, a 3 paragraph write up that you'll usually miss unless you're looking for it. Coverage in the North Scott Press (weekly publcation in QC area) is almost as good and at times can be even better if there is an athlete from NS area playing at UNI.
            Last edited by Bier Guy '99; 04-21-2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Go Lancers! They do a pretty good job in the weekly North Scott Press if there is a Lancer student-athlete at UNI. (or other schools as well).

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317
                Go Lancers! They do a pretty good job in the weekly North Scott Press if there is a Lancer student-athlete at UNI. (or other schools as well).
                The NSP did an especially good job with their feature on former Panther Defensive End Ryan Arnold about 2 years ago. Their coverage of former UNI softballer Lindsay Wood was also good when she was still in school.

Comment

They also did a goood article on Brad Hayes from when he played at UNI back in the early 1980's.
                  GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Jonsoup, now that I think about it, I think the NSP has even been known to do an article or two about panther2317, haven't they? Maybe you had moved away before that...

Comment

Panther2317 ARTICLE

Yes, I recall reading some articles on Panther2317 in the NSP many times.

They recently had a article on my brother in the paper about three to five weeks ago. Did you see it?

Comment

That can't be true. I'm not interesting enough to have stories written about me. OK...now we know who the fellow Lancers are...I need a PM to tell me Bier Guy 99's indentity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsoup
                          They recently had a article on my brother in the paper about three to five weeks ago. Did you see it?
                          Unfortunately, I only catch the NSP when I am at my parents or in-laws. What was the article about? I'll have to dig through my parents stack of old issues when I am home next.

Comment

He was named to the Hall of Fame from his school where he attended college.

Comment

Working...
                            X