WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyatt Officially Granted Medical Redshirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyatt Officially Granted Medical Redshirt

As expected...

To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Re: Wyatt Officially Granted Medical Redshirt

Good to know it has been approved. He was definitely missed as a glue piece this last year.

Comment

Glad to hear it for a bunch of reasons.

Helps stagger our incoming recruiting classes better.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I bet R&B is not excited

Comment

Originally posted by dan_beeding View Post
          I bet R&B is not excited
          He is a role player, not a difference maker. Uni needs difference makers to have the kind of success people want.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
            He is a role player, not a difference maker. Uni needs difference makers to have the kind of success people want.
            LOL, who was more of a difference maker, Wes Washpun or Matt Bohannon? I know what your answer will be but consider this, one was on the floor for the last 90 seconds of regulation against Texas A&M and one was not. What a difference it made.
            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Coaches fault that only one guy was competent enough to inbounds the basketball. Practice time should be where other guys get taught how. How the hell they lost that game just boggles the mind. When a team is up about 5 points with a minute left it is game over. Uni was up like a dozen? Too painful to even YouTube to see the reasons.

Is Lohaus going to turn the corner off the dribble against the best teams on the uni schedule and finish or pass it after the defense collapses on him? No is the answer.

Without a guy that can do that or a big man you can run the offense completely through you got nothing.

Of course if WSU leaves what uni has likely good enough. The league will be awful if WSU leaves. Might as well merge with the summit and create a super league of mediocrity.
              Last edited by run&blade; 03-31-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
                  LOL, who was more of a difference maker, Wes Washpun or Matt Bohannon? I know what your answer will be but consider this, one was on the floor for the last 90 seconds of regulation against Texas A&M and one was not. What a difference it made.
                  No offense to Matt, who was really good at his "role"...but is this a serious question??? The answer is obvious. Wes' presence made that whole team go. Also, R&B is correct - no excuse for the coaches to have only one go to for inbounding against a press. Injuries, fouls, illness, you never know what can happen. UNI hasn't looked good breaking presses for a long while, actually.

As for Wyatt, nice to have him back. R&B is also correct in that he's not a difference maker. He'll be a nice piece on what will hopefully be a good team, but he's not a playmaker. His addition will help, but doesn't make everyone around him better in the way a guy like Wes did. Kwazdo is another good example.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                    This is a new and exciting angle you're taking today. Why haven't you brought this up on the board in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      As for Wyatt, nice to have him back. R&B is also correct in that he's not a difference maker. He'll be a nice piece on what will hopefully be a good team, but he's not a playmaker.
                      Do we really know that? I don't like people writing off the skills of a second year player. The kid still has two full years to be an impact player on the team. Writing off a kid who has barely a year of starting under his belt is really short sighted.
                      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                        Do we really know that? I don't like people writing off the skills of a second year player. The kid still has two full years to be an impact player on the team. Writing off a kid who has barely a year of starting under his belt is really short sighted.
                        I'm not writing him off. He's got his own pluses that he brings. Playmaking ability at the college level is not one of them. He does appear to have some ability to create mid range jumpers, and every once in awhile can get to the rim, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he suddenly displays Wes like ability to drive and create for others.

Also, he'll be a senior this year, right? This is it for him.

Comment

I'm not writing him off. He's got his own pluses that he brings. Playmaking ability at the college level is not one of them. He does appear to have some ability to create mid range jumpers, and every once in awhile can get to the rim, but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if he suddenly displays Wes like ability to drive and create for others.

Literally the entire point of this thread is that he received a medical redshirt for last season, and will be a junior again next year.

Comment

He was just granted a redshirt. He will be a junior.

It's also not a coincidence that UNI was winning when Wyatt was playing and not when he wasn't.

There are some here that are convinced UNI needs to only recruit guys that make the game 1-1 and try to take the game over that way.

It's clear that those don't understand system basketball and do t understand recruiting.

Comment

Knar was on last years team also. Hmmmmm

Anybody really think the difference from last year to this year was Wyatt's 4 points 1.6 rebounds or his 1 assist per game? Please show yourself.

Uni's season doesn't need a slide rule or "look beyond the numbers b.s." To explain what happened. The roster didn't have enough "ballers" and most games turned into a jump shooting contest when the other team had athletes that could defend.

Spare me your mock Phil Jackson basketball existential garbage.
                              Last edited by run&blade; 03-31-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X