WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up Next: Illinois State

Northern Iowa Panthers 16-10 (6-8)

No.......................................pts...... ....rbs.......asts.........mins/game
    #1 Deon Mitchell 6-1 Fr...........6.8..........2.1.......1.4........... ...19.2
    #13 Johnny Moran 6-1 Sr........6.7..........2.7........1.3............. .30.8
    #23 Marc Sonnen 6-3 Jr..........8.6..........2.3........1.7........... ...27.5
    #20 Jake Koch 6-9 Jr..............9.4..........5.4........3.0....... .......28.4
    #10 Seth Tuttle 6-8 Fr............9.0.........5.0.........0.9......... .....21.9

Off the Bench:
    #52 ANTHONY JAMES 6-0 Jr
    #4 Chip Rank 6-6 So
    #21 Matt Morrison 6-0 So
    #33 Austin Pehl 6-10 Jr
    #24 Max Martino 6-5 Fr

Vs. Illinois State 16-9 (8-6)

No.......................................pts...... ....rbs.......asts.........mins/game
    #11 Nic Moore 5-9 Fr..............9.0...........1.9.......3.8....... .......26.9
    #1 Tyler Brown 6-4 Jr.............13.6..........3.8.......2.6........ ......30.4
    #13 John Wilkins 6-9 Jr...........7.6............4.0.......0.6......... .....23.5
    #22 Jon Ekey 6-7 So..............9.0............5.2.......1.6...... ........28.8
    #32 Jackie Carmichael 6-9 Jr....13.3..........9.0.......1.1..............27. 4

Off the Bench:
    #5 Anthony Cousin 5-11 Jr
    #42 Jordan Threloff 6-10 Fr
    #44 Johnny Hill 6-3 Fr
    #24 Zeke Upshaw 6-6 So
    #2 Bryant Allen 6-0 So

Gametime:
    Saturday, February 11, 7:00 in Cedar Falls, Iowa

Media:
    Tv: Comcast SportsNet Chicago, ESPN3
    Radio: Panther Sports Radio Network

Official Website:
    http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-b...skbl-body.html

Message Board:
    Redbirdfan.net

Notes:
    •Illinois State is coached by Tim Jankovich (Kansas State) and is in his fifth year at Illinois State
    •The Redbirds average 69.2 ppg, while the Panthers give up an average of 61.7 ppg
    •Two players is from outside of the United States (Barbados and France)
    •The Redbirds appear to only run 9 players deep. 9 players have seen action in 20 or more games. There is one player, Bryant Allen who has seen action in 14 games, and averages 17.2 minutes and 7.9 ppg
    •The Official Twitter page of the Illinois State Redbirds Men's Basketball Team is @ISURedbirds
    •The Illinois State Redbirds hail from Normal, Illinois. They compete in the Missouri Valley conference and play their home games at Redbird Arena

Breaking It Down:
    •Four players are 6-8 or taller
    •Four players are listed as F or C. Two of them are Freshmen
    •By my count, they return five scorers from last season
    •Two players average double digit ppg

Other Saturday MVC Games:
    Wichita State @ #15 Creighton 4:00 PM CT (ESPN2/ESPN3)
    Southern Illinois @ Indiana State 12:05 CT

Team...................Conf...GB.....Ovr
    Wichita State........12-2...--.....21-4
    #15 Creighton.......11-3....1......21-4
    Illinois State..........8-6.....4.....16-9
    Missouri State........8-6.....4.....15-11
    Evansville..............7-7.....5.....12-12
    Northern Iowa........6-8.....6.....16-10
    Drake....................6-8.....6.....13-12
    Indiana State.........5-9.....7.....14-11
    Southern Illinois......5-9.....7......8-17
    Bradley.................2-12...10.....7-19

Poster...................Conf....Ovr....Pct
    06panther10............0-0....1-0.....1.0
    Hail Our Panthers......5-2....8-3.....0.73
    achrist70................0-3....4-3.....0.57
    Moose39.................1-3....3-3.....0.5
    ubuntuCAT..............0-0....0-1....0.00
    Last edited by Moose39; 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM.

Re: Up Next: Illinois State

Illinois State returns everyone next year and are playing pretty well right now. Looks like a team on the upswing right now.

We need to keep Carmichael off the boards and don't give Ekey open looks and we win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Cat View Post
      Illinois State returns everyone next year and are playing pretty well right now.
      That's exactly what I was thinking. Illinois State, UNI, and Creighton are going to look really good on paper with the amount of experience they have.

Comment

Every game now is a must win to avoid Thursday in St Louis.
        It's about time we make the McLeod LOUD!

Comment

Alright guys who else is excited to see JNutts all white suit?

Comment

Tommy T keeping the seat cold for his freind run&blade...

Comment

I think we'd have to go 1-3 to play on Thursday. If we can get to 8 wins, we'll be alright. Drake isn't going 2-2 without Simmons, but even if they did, we hold the tiebreaker. Indy state would have to go 4-0 and they're got going to do that with their schedule.
              Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
                I think we'd have to go 1-3 to play on Thursday. If we can get to 8 wins, we'll be alright. Drake isn't going 2-2 without Simmons, but even if they did, we hold the tiebreaker. Indy state would have to go 4-0 and they're got going to do that with their schedule.
                Logic is unwelcome here. If only we would have redshirted JE and started Coleman...
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
                  With SIU and ISU blue right behind us, and Drake even with us, 2-2 is pushing our luck. I think we'd have a good shot at 2-2, but I think we need to be 3-1 to be safe.

Didn't realize Simons was hurt.

Comment

he doesn't have mono, he's just really bored. (90s joke)

Comment

Originally posted by jnutt View Post
                      Tommy T keeping the seat cold for his freind run&blade...
                      Because 7-11 will keep us out of Thursday? Guess I was figuring that my statement was more factual then debbie downerish. If you feel that 7-11 is good enough to avoid playing on Thursday, then I am mistaken. UNI is ok to go ahead and lose the next 4 conference games.
                      It's about time we make the McLeod LOUD!

Comment

we're in trouble at 7-9 yes, but if we win two, we should be in decent shape. lets just win em all and get momentum into the tourney and hopefully then The Tourney

Comment

What are the odds of walking up and getting tix for this one? I meant to go online and get some tickets and forgot about it. The damn weekend came up pretty fast, so just wondering if I will be able to get decent seats for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
                            What are the odds of walking up and getting tix for this one? I meant to go online and get some tickets and forgot about it. The damn weekend came up pretty fast, so just wondering if I will be able to get decent seats for this game.
                            depends on the students...

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                              With SIU and ISU blue right behind us, and Drake even with us, 2-2 is pushing our luck. I think we'd have a good shot at 2-2, but I think we need to be 3-1 to be safe.

Didn't realize Simons was hurt.
                              Uni 6-8
                              Du 6-8
                              Insu 5-9
                              Southern 5-9
                              Bu 2-12

Disagree, at 2-2 we’d be comfortably in. Even at 1-3 we’d have an OK shot. Who is going to pass us? If we finish with 8 wins (which I think is a pretty pessimistic guess), look at what everybody else will have to do to pass us.

Drake is going to have to go 3-1 (we own the head to head tiebreaker). They have to play EU, @BU, SIU, @Wichita. 3 of those seem very winnable, but that’s asking for a lot of consistency from them. Since Simmons went down, they’re 0-3 and haven’t came within 7 points of beating anybody. Drake has the best shot to catch us, but they are a completely different team without Simmons. Are they about to go on a 3-1 tear down the stretch? Highly unlikely I’d say.

Indians State would, too, have to get to 9 wins to keep us out (head-to-head is tied, we own the SOS non-con). That means they would have to go 4-0, beating SIU and IlSU at home, and MSU and CU on the road.

SIU would have to go 4-0 against InSU, DU, UNI, and CU

Bradley is eliminated.

I’m betting that we will go 3-1 anyways. At season’s end, I bet we’ll be two full games ahead of the 8th place team, possibly 3.
                              Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Working...
                              X