WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commitment from Buss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commitment from Buss

Yep this is the idiot of the year right here!!!!!!!!

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=237702

Re: Commitment from Buss

Good stats, sounds like he might be a good find. But 6'8", 190 lbs? This kid needs to start pounding the Triple Whoppers if he wants to play in the MVC. I'm guessing a redshirt will probably be in order to do some weight training.
    It's my kind of team, Charlie. My kind of team!

Comment

He does have a whole year to do his lifting and eating tombsotnes b4 bed
      Yep this is the idiot of the year right here!!!!!!!!

http://www.thonline.com/article.cfm?id=237702

Comment

This is a good get to fill one of the post positions being left after Eglseder, Koch, and Rodenberg graduate. His game is most similar to Adam Koch's coming out of HS. Like most HS kids who are 6'8", he's thin, but when you grow several inches in the last year, that will happen. His pull up game is very impressive. His shot is released at a point directly above his head, which is pretty good for getting off his shot consistently. He has the nimbleness and coordination to drive from the wing to the hoop, which is something that UNI was going to be missing when Adam graduates. He needs to put on the weight, but remember that Adam Koch was only 200lbs heading into his senior year of high school. I don't think anyone envisions Nate to be an Adam Koch clone, but I think his game will be similar. Let's hope Nate has a great summer, honors his commitment, stays healthy, and has a great senior season.

So, now we're down to 2 open scholys. Look for a post and a guard. I wonder who will be the next? Gasser and/or Rank would be my guess, but that's no inside info.
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Found this on Adam Koch's Scout.com profile:
          Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Son of former UW-Stevens Point standout Brian Koch. Good mid-range shooter that needs more strength. Stock has risen dramatically during his AAU season.
          Thought that you could probably say something similar about Buss. "Son of former UNI football student-athlete ____ Buss. Good mid-range shooter that needs more strength. Stock has risen dramatically during his AAU season."
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Maybe Lucas decided to go to KU. He mentioned Jake would sign a 6'8 guy if he decided not to return.

Comment

I can almost guarantee that Buss is not the guy Lucas may have been talking about.

Comment

PTTB is right. It isn't the same guy.

Comment

That means there is another 6'8 guy on their radar. That is good news!!!

But I hope we can just stick with lucas!!!!

Comment

Picture of Buss:

He's the guy on the far left. The guy next to him is Will Artino. Will is from Waukee, I believe, and is getting offers (per his AAU coach Jamie Johnson's twitter page). Says that MAC, MVC, and ACC schools looking at him. He's 6'11".

Comment

Buss is 6'8" and that guy is supposed to be 6'11"? I dont think so.

Is that Cougill on the far right?
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Yes, Cougill is on the far right.

Comment

He's 6'8" per reports (AAU webpage, internet recruiting sites, etc...). I have not seen him in person, but that is what is reported. I had similar thoughts when I saw this picture.

And as Newshound stated, that is Cougill. He doesn't look as tall as Buss does he?

Comment

Cougill looks short and fat. I heard he has struggled a bit this summer. Not that you should expect a ton from a freshman.
                            Last edited by 06panther10; 07-01-2009, 12:02 AM.
                            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              Cougill looks short and fat. I heard he has struggled a bit this summer. Not that you should expect a ton from a freshman.
                              Hawkeye report says cougill is 6'9''. Maybe 6'2'' or 6'3''. Looks like he does have alot of work ahead of him. First stop weight watchers.

Buss looks tall strong should fit right in with the panthers.

Comment

Working...
                              X