WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010 Panther Football Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2010 Panther Football Schedule

Sep. 11 North Dakota State UNI-Dome W 16-9---KWWL, KCWI, KXJB
    Sep. 18 Stephen F. Austin UNI-Dome L 20-22 (Hall of Fame Day)

Sep. 25 at Iowa State Ames, IA L 0-27---Mediacom

Oct. 2 South Dakota State UNI-Dome W 24-14 (Family Weekend)---Mediacom, CFU
    Oct. 9 at Southern Illinois Carbondale, IL L 38-45 OT--- MVFC-TV, FCS Pacific, CFU
    Oct. 16 at South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. W 19-14
    Oct. 23 Illinois State UNI-Dome W 42-14 (Homecoming)---KWWL, KCWI
    Oct. 30 at Youngstown State Youngstown, OH W 34-30

Nov. 6 at Indiana State Terre Haute, IN W 30-20
    Nov. 13 Missouri State UNI-Dome W 38-14 (Senior Day)---CFU/Mediacom
    Nov. 20 at Western Illinois Macomb, IL L 14-30
    Nov. 27 Lehigh UNI-Dome L 7-14---1st Round FCS Playoffs
    Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Re: Official 2010 Panther Football Schedule

That first half of the season is HUGE...in my opinion, it's the tempo for the entire season...

1st 5 games:
    5-0....Look out FCS!
    4-1....Unexpected and seeded in playoffs
    3-2....I'll be happy with this as we should be able to win the rest
    2-3....i obviously think/hope we do better, but I think this is the breaking point. Playoff contention could go either way at this point
    1-4....gear up for next year
    0-5....disaster

Yeah, there are tough games the next 6, but I think our playoff dreams will either be met or missed in the first 5 games. Obviously, they could get hot with a bad start and still make it, but I think the year hinges on the first 5 games. Here is hoping for the best for the Panthers in 2010!

Comment

Originally posted by EVSPanther View Post
      That first half of the season is HUGE...in my opinion, it's the tempo for the entire season...

1st 5 games:
      5-0....Look out FCS!
      4-1....Unexpected and seeded in playoffs
      3-2....I'll be happy with this as we should be able to win the rest
      2-3....i obviously think/hope we do better, but I think this is the breaking point. Playoff contention could go either way at this point
      1-4....gear up for next year
      0-5....disaster

Yeah, there are tough games the next 6, but I think our playoff dreams will either be met or missed in the first 5 games. Obviously, they could get hot with a bad start and still make it, but I think the year hinges on the first 5 games. Here is hoping for the best for the Panthers in 2010!
      There is one scenario that could play out with us being 1-4 and making the playoffs. Starting 1-4 and beating ISU. If, IF IF IF, we would start 1-4 and beat ISU we could win out and get in.
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

yeah jeg...i guess that might work, but i hate the whole 7-4 record for us. i'm probably wrong, but i don't think we've ever made it in with this record and an at-large. correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by EVSPanther View Post
          yeah jeg...i guess that might work, but i hate the whole 7-4 record for us. i'm probably wrong, but i don't think we've ever made it in with this record and an at-large. correct me if i'm wrong.
          yes, but there has never been 20 teams in the playoffs before.

Comment

Also we did make the playoffs as an at large, the last time we were in I believe. I don't think we get in with a 7-4 record unless that somehow puts us second in the MVFC. I don't see beating ISU as impressing anyone, unless they have an uncharacteristic good year.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              Also we did make the playoffs as an at large, the last time we were in I believe. I don't think we get in with a 7-4 record unless that somehow puts us second in the MVFC. I don't see beating ISU as impressing anyone, unless they have an uncharacteristic good year.
              Illinois State brings back something like 80% of their total offense, and their QB was a freshman last year (I believe). They will (should be) a much better team than they were last year....assuming their QB actually knows how to lead a team instead of ***** all of his teammates out all the time, and alienate them ever chance he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
                ...assuming their QB actually knows how to lead a team instead of ***** all of his teammates out all the time, and alienate them ever chance he gets.
                man.. that sounds familiar.
                Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

3 games against Pre-season top 10s.....
                  "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
                    Illinois State brings back something like 80% of their total offense, and their QB was a freshman last year (I believe). They will (should be) a much better team than they were last year....assuming their QB actually knows how to lead a team instead of ***** all of his teammates out all the time, and alienate them ever chance he gets.
                    Wrong ISU. The premise was that UNI could get in at 7-4 if one of the wins was against the Cyclones.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

UNI beats out a host of BCS schools!!!!

on the Hinrich scale of douchebaggery

Comment

Originally posted by crabshack View Post

http://widerightnattylight.com/2010/...nemy-a-review/
                        We also beat a BCS school in football 2 years ago. You might be familiar with them.
                        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Iowa State fans seem to take issue with us (or perhaps it is the same Iowa State fan making two different blogs or whatever, I dunno).

I think it is jealousy.

Comment

Originally posted by crabshack View Post

http://widerightnattylight.com/2010/...nemy-a-review/
                            and I thought we had a little brother mentality.
                            Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

I think that site is hilarious. And, in order for comedy to be truly funny, there has to be some basis in fact (all you UI t-shirt wearing people out there)

Comment

Working...
                              X