WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoiberg to the Bulls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoiberg to the Bulls?

Looks like it could be happening.

Re: Hoiberg to the Bulls?

I've been watching the freak out on CF for a week or so now. It's pretty epic.

It's been fun watching them go through the seven stages of grief during this whole process.

A lot of them are currently in the anger stage.

Comment

Lol........

Comment

Hard to imagine a guy would leave an ELITE program like that.

#MACtion

Comment

As a dual fan, I would love to see him stay, but with this much smoke, it's hard to believe there's not a serious fire going on.

I just want it be resolved and done with ASAP, as in by the end of the weekend.

I don't, can't, and won't begrudge him for wanting to pursue coaching at the highest level if that is his ultimate professional ambition, but at the same time I would be totally okay with him being asked some tough, uncomfortable questions at the press conference considering how Cyclone Nation has been left in limbo the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnstormer View Post
            I've been watching the freak out on CF for a week or so now. It's pretty epic.

It's been fun watching them go through the seven stages of grief during this whole process.

A lot of them are currently in the anger stage.
            This meltdown pales in comparison to the meltdown that followed the loss to UAB, Texas Tech, and South Carolina. The UAB meltdown was of biblical proportions.

Comment

Iowa State just referred to as a "sort of mid-major' by CSM Chicago reporter. Insult to injury!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                As a dual fan, I would love to see him stay, but with this much smoke, it's hard to believe there's not a serious fire going on.

I just want it be resolved and done with ASAP, as in by the end of the weekend.

I don't, can't, and won't begrudge him for wanting to pursue coaching at the highest level if that is his ultimate professional ambition, but at the same time I would be totally okay with him being asked some tough, uncomfortable questions at the press conference considering how Cyclone Nation has been left in limbo the last couple of weeks.
                You know, if it's not the Bulls, it will be another NBA team. In any case, it reflects very positively on Iowa State's basketball program. On top of that, he definitely is not leaving the cupboard bare.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                  Iowa State just referred to as a "sort of mid-major' by CSM Chicago reporter. Insult to injury!
                  Journalism has declined so steeply to the point that if I read something at an 8th grade level that doesn't have any typos or obvious grammatical errors I'm ready to nominate it for a Pulitzer.

If that guy thinks ISU is "sort of a mid-major" I would hate to know what he thinks about UNI. Probably thinks we're in Division II.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                    haha having lived in Chicago for the last 6 years, I'm surprised the sports media even know Iowa State is a University. According to them, there are 5 sports teams in the entire world, the Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, White Sox, and the US Mens National Soccer Team.

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
                      According to them, there are 5 sports teams in the entire world, the Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, White Sox, and the US Mens National Soccer Team.
                      Yeah it's probably easier to sleep at night if you ignore the existence of Jay Cutler and the Bears.

Good move by the Chicago media

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        Yeah it's probably easier to sleep at night if you ignore the existence of Jay Cutler and the Bears.

Good move by the Chicago media
                        See, the Bears are so bad I completely forgot about them!

Comment

haha having lived in Chicago for the last 6 years, I'm surprised the sports media even know Iowa State is a University. According to them, there are 5 sports teams in the entire world, the Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs, White Sox, and the US Mens National Soccer Team.
                          Yeah, it's really hard to believe they're not more focused on what's happening in Ames, Iowa.
                          UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

This meltdown pales in comparison to the meltdown that followed the loss to UAB, Texas Tech, and South Carolina. The UAB meltdown was of biblical proportions.

No, this meltdown is much worse. Chris Williams posted his daily comment on Wed (with no real news) and it has nearly 500 comments.

As a dual fan, I don't know what to think. It seems to me that there is a legacy that Hoiberg could have in Ames that he is unlikely to have if he goes to the NBA now. So, I hope it doesn't work out and he truly commits for a long time with the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                              No, this meltdown is much worse. Chris Williams posted his daily comment on Wed (with no real news) and it has nearly 500 comments.

As a dual fan, I don't know what to think. It seems to me that there is a legacy that Hoiberg could have in Ames that he is unlikely to have if he goes to the NBA now. So, I hope it doesn't work out and he truly commits for a long time with the Cyclones.
                              Obviously there are more comments because this is bigger news.
                              Have you read those comments?
                              90% of them are speculation on who the new coach will be, 5% of them are about eggs and Pandy Reterson, and the other 5% is the same 2-3 posters melting down (mainly the poster, jsb).
                              Go back to the day of UAB and the entire site was on suicide watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X