WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Season of PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season of PST

This weekend marks the start of Season 5 of Panther Sports Talk. For the next year we we will be producing a new show each week that offers interviews with every UNI head coach, features on Panther student athletes and all the exciting highlights from all the big sporting events.

Our show airs state wide on several different TV stations and each show is archived online for free at:

www.PantherSportsTalk.com

You can log onto the site now to view past shows and see video of the new McLeod court being put in recently.

Also PLEASE SEND US PICTURES of you and your family and friends at UNI sporting events or wearing Panther gear. We love to put these pictures on the show each week. Simply e-mail us these photos at:

[email protected]

Looking forward to a great year of UNI Athletics!

Re: New Season of PST

5 years, that doesn't seem possible. I remember when you first announced the show on here. Doesn't seem possible this site's been around six and a half years either. I remember going to a volleyball game homecoming weekend, apparently must have been in 2005. The PA announcer was cracking me up with some of his calls (That's cheating!) so I asked somebody who it was. They said "Oh that's Big Show."
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Yeah time flies when you are having fun! We actually started producing Panther Sports Talk my senior year (2002-03) on campus, carried it over to the Cedar Falls goverment access channel for a couple years and then was able to make the jump to broadcast television stations across Iowa in 2006.

Also, would love to take credit for being the witty Volleyball PA announcer but that is actually my good friend Jay Grassley

Comment

Holy buckets!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Show View Post
          Also, would love to take credit for being the witty Volleyball PA announcer but that is actually my good friend Jay Grassley
          Has he been told to tone that down at all? It seems like he was much more sarcastically entertaining back in the West Gym days. I miss some of those sayings he'd throw out.

Comment

Yeah time flies when you are having fun! We actually started producing Panther Sports Talk my senior year (2002-03) on campus, carried it over to the Cedar Falls goverment access channel for a couple years and then was able to make the jump to broadcast television stations across Iowa in 2006.

My bad, either I was told wrong or my ever deteriorating mind faltered on it. Grassley, Big Show, I can see how I could have gotten it confused both being congressional names.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Hope you have another year with lots more great things to report! Heck of a Show!!

Comment

Bump...for those in Eastern Iowa you should be able to see PST tonight after the News at Ten on KWWL.
                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Show 1 is now uploaded on our website. Check out the HD option online. Just click on the HD button on the video player for the HD version.

Go panthers!

Comment

I noticed on the show that Dannen mentioned that we purchased a sweet 16 banner. I was wondering if this was just another banner identical to the ones we already have up or if it is something different, or something bigger. Anyone know?
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Thanks everyone. Show 1 is now uploaded on our website. Check out the HD option online. Just click on the HD button on the video player for the HD version.

Go panthers!

Nice episode!
                      Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        I noticed on the show that Dannen mentioned that we purchased a sweet 16 banner. I was wondering if this was just another banner identical to the ones we already have up or if it is something different, or something bigger. Anyone know?
                        Is the 1990 banner bigger than other years?

Comment

Go panthers!

Thanks for the info on the HD. Simply pushing the button drastically increased the picture quality of the show.

Again, great job, and can't wait for another full season of PST!

Comment

Big Show, what's the deal with KCWI? I DVR'd the show last night, but I think it's a different show than the one on your website. Are they a week behind or something?

Comment

Not sure on the banner. Haven't seen it yet. As for KCWI....The show that aired on KWWL this past Sunday will air on KCWI this coming Sunday. Since we do our interviews with Farley and Jake and edit our show together on Sundays we have yet to find a cost-effective way to deliver the program to Central Iowa to air on the the same day.

If we have a big sponsor step up I'm sure we could make this happen

Thanks for all the great comments. Looking forward to another awesome sports year for UNI Athletics!

Comment

Working...
                              X