WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question:

Is it a good thing for ratings to TiVo your show? Does that show TV execs how many people tune in and record the show? I guess what I'm asking is, "will this help you in the future?" If so, we should all TiVo the show...how do ratings work in this day of satellite television and TiVo recorders?
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

When the TiVO records something, it is on the channel being recorded. I think the fact that it is on that channel, regardless if the tv power is "on", tells the ratings people that it is being watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Trump View Post
        When the TiVO records something, it is on the channel being recorded. I think the fact that it is on that channel, regardless if the tv power is "on", tells the ratings people that it is being watched.
        Actually, no. If you are an AC Nielson household, then I suppose it would tell their equipment that you're watching that channel at that time. I'm going to venture a guess that nobody with a Nielson box posts here, as there are very few of them.

Local TV ratings are done in the same way Radio ratings are done, by a diary system. In that case, you are "on your honor" to write down accurately which shows you watch.

In all honestly, 5pm on a Saturday isn't a "high traffic" time for a local TV station, and they don't expect it to be. If the show can be "sold" to advertisers, the local station will be VERY happy.

FWIW, on my CFU DVR TV-Guide, the show does NOT show up at all, that time slot simply says "Paid Programming." This means KWKB is submitting the information without the Panther Sports Show being listed.

Comment

Thanks for the clarificationl

FWIW, the WB station in Des Moines lists Panther Sports Talk on the TiVO guide.

Comment

Like the show...watch it online. Seems like President Allen has a great grasp on the importance of the athletics.

Comment

I set a series recording on my mediacom dvr, and didn't see last weeks episode. will have to remember to check my setting.
              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Weiss View Post
                I set a series recording on my mediacom dvr, and didn't see last weeks episode. will have to remember to check my setting.
                You're having the same problem I did. A "series recording" will only record shows with the same name as the series...since it's not appearing with the name attached on the TV Guide, it won't get recorded.

Comment

Ahhh....i'm stupid.
                  Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

On my DirecTV TiVo, the guide does list it as "Panther Sports Talk"
                    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

It is also listed by name on DISH Network's DVR system.

Comment

Working...
                      X