WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fran

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
    I did not ask your opinion so you need to butt out of it. Secondly, the facts are that any time anything positive for UNI and/or negative comes up for the squaks, both 9-yr & TH step up & create a pissing match between Iowa & UNI fans. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of loyalty & about us taking our Panther board back. I don't have issues with anyone else on this site outside of this issue. When is it going to get dealt with? That question is for the site owner. Also, I'm not going to scroll through 200 pages of usernames just to determine if they are a moderator. I actually looked at the member list & it does not even show their either.
    Thing is, what he stated is not his "opinion", it's fact. How hard is it to see the "Moderator" title under someone's name?
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Hint: look at Born-A-Panther.

I too wish some of the squawk fans here could develop a thicker skin and not come racing in to defend their team at every perceived slight, but it's a free country.
      Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

Again, I've asked for the site owner and/or the moderators to step out & acknowledge themselves. After two days, I'm still waiting on that answer. In terms of allowing differing opinions, I'm all for that & have never raised an issue with that. And for the record, I'm a lifelong panther fan & grad so if anyone should be made to feel at home here, it should be people like me.
        I'M A MODERATOR I'M A MODERATOR I'M A MODERATOR!!!

There, I've now shouted it from the message board rooftops.

We have given permanent bans and temporary bans on here to posters who have not obeyed the rules of conduct and who have ignored warnings from us to shape up. Being a dual fan is not against the rules.

Mudra, I appreciate your loyalty to the Panthers and can completely understand it since I too live and breathe the purple and gold. Therefore I strongly, strongly encourage you to ignore the posters on here that you don't agree with since quite often... it is your incessant responses to them that makes threads on here go completely off the tracks, thus in turn making those posters respond on here even more, which only perpetuates the problem you are so strongly trying to minimalize.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
          I'M A MODERATOR I'M A MODERATOR I'M A MODERATOR!!!

There, I've now shouted it from the message board rooftops.

We have given permanent bans and temporary bans on here to posters who have not obeyed the rules of conduct and who have ignored warnings from us to shape up. Being a dual fan is not against the rules.

Mudra, I appreciate your loyalty to the Panthers and can completely understand it since I too live and breathe the purple and gold. Therefore I strongly, strongly encourage you to ignore the posters on here that you don't agree with since quite often... it is your incessant responses to them that makes threads on here go completely off the tracks, thus in turn making those posters respond on here even more, which only perpetuates the problem you are so strongly trying to minimalize.
          Thank you - the ignore button is a wonderful thing.

Now if we could just find a way to keep ignored posters from popping up when someone quotes them....
          Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

For those that need a reminder of the rules. Or for those who have never read them in the first place.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Mudra:

As several have said, and I'm sure you already knew, AmesPanther is the site owner. If you want his real name, sorry, not going to give you that. You can contact him thru several links set up on the home page. I thought there was a list of moderators somewhere, but if there is I can't find it. Off the top of my head I can name Panther2317, Born-a-Panther, and Panthers to the bone. Not going to give you any of their real names either. Of course anyone who pays any attention at all knows who BAP is. I met all these people before this site existed or when it was in its infancy, getting to be quite a while ago now. Tempus fugit.

I'm certain the site owner and moderators are aware of your concerns, but don't feel they rise to the level that warrant the kind of actions you would like to see taken. There are 7454 members on this board. I'm not sure how many agree with you, but would bet it is less than 10. So if 7444 members see it one way, and 10 see it another, well you have to ask yourself who is most likely correct. Time for a little introspection maybe.

I admire your passion for the Panthers, most everyone does. And truth be told, there are a few posters on here who have pissed me off a lot at times. I've gone so far as to use the ignore feature on some occasionally, you have that option. But I think I've mellowed out on that stuff over the years. It's just a message board. Human nature is some people will act quite differently on here than they do in real life. Honestly, the posters you don't like don't do what you claim, generally yes they will defend other teams if provoked, but they don't ever start the fight so to speak. And some of them obviously post things sometimes just to get a rise out of you and a few others.

Lastly, I met 9-yr just this morning. Seems like a nice enough fellow, not exactly what I had envisioned in my mind. You'd like him, you'd probably like all these people you don't like on here if you met them in real life. Try to remember that when you get upset by stuff on here, or just learn to ignore things.
              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Moderators & the owner of the board (whoever you are...must be the Wiz). I have been a member since the board origination in 2004. I am a UNI grad & a Panther fan through & through that has passed down from several generations. I am now done on this site. When a site gets to a point where it is allowed to be run by fans of opposing teams & we cannot even talk about our own team without thread after thread being over-run by them, I have a huge problem with that. You have chosen for years to allow this to go on & won't do anything about it. I'm now done with it. I will get my Panther information elsewhere & advise every other Panther fan I know to do the same. This isn't a UNI message board. It is an Iowa message board the way it is run. The exception is that on an Iowa message board, this would not be tolerated for one second. The UNI fan would be tossed out on their ear. You've chosen to alienate a 50-yr Panther fan & have taken the side of these "dual fans". They are only hiding in sheep's clothing. Good luck. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                  http://www.panthernation.com/default.php?page=rules

For those that need a reminder of the rules. Or for those who have never read them in the first place.
                  Wait, there are rules?
                  Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

lol

Mudra farewell version 2.0.

Let us all hope and pray he is serious this time around.
                    Originally posted by TH1974
                    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I did not ask your opinion so you need to butt out of it. Secondly, the facts are that any time anything positive for UNI and/or negative comes up for the squaks, both 9-yr & TH step up & create a pissing match between Iowa & UNI fans. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of loyalty & about us taking our Panther board back. I don't have issues with anyone else on this site outside of this issue. When is it going to get dealt with? That question is for the site owner. Also, I'm not going to scroll through 200 pages of usernames just to determine if they are a moderator. I actually looked at the member list & it does not even show their either.
                      as I have said for the past decade of posting here, I don't rush to defend the Hawks. I simply argue against stupidity and the associated parties that make the uni fanbase look childish and ignorant.

there is a certain contingent of the uni fanbase both here and in the real world that wants to fight and make enemies with Iowa and Iowa State. I simply recognize that this is not a winnable war and that we need the dual fans.I have never been upset with anyone for insulting Iowa as long as that use facts and common sense. (of course it helps to agree with my opinions, and also to not make up fake twitter handles that attack strangers because of their skin color)

Comment

I did not ask your opinion so you need to butt out of it.
                        LOL.

"I'm a crazy person and I demand answers!"

*someone provides answers*

"Butt out, I didn't ask you!!"
                        UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                          Hint: look at Born-A-Panther.

I too wish some of the squawk fans here could develop a thicker skin and not come racing in to defend their team at every perceived slight, but it's a free country.
                          I'm willing to look at examples where I always defend Iowa.

Comment

Moderators & the owner of the board (whoever you are...must be the Wiz). I have been a member since the board origination in 2004. I am a UNI grad & a Panther fan through & through that has passed down from several generations. I am now done on this site. When a site gets to a point where it is allowed to be run by fans of opposing teams & we cannot even talk about our own team without thread after thread being over-run by them, I have a huge problem with that. You have chosen for years to allow this to go on & won't do anything about it. I'm now done with it. I will get my Panther information elsewhere & advise every other Panther fan I know to do the same. This isn't a UNI message board. It is an Iowa message board the way it is run. The exception is that on an Iowa message board, this would not be tolerated for one second. The UNI fan would be tossed out on their ear. You've chosen to alienate a 50-yr Panther fan & have taken the side of these "dual fans". They are only hiding in sheep's clothing. Good luck. What a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                              They have both been doing that for years. I got used to it. You always have to consider the source. 9 year at least has moments of sanity.

Comment

This is one of my favorite message board performances ever.

Weirdo: I demand to know who runs this place!
                                Person showing unusual patience: You can find that information by here.
                                Senile old dude: Butt out with your opinion! I DEMAND ANSWERS!
                                Moderator: Here I am!
                                The recently departed: No one is answering me! I'm leaving. Again. And I'm old.
                                Everyone: Hooray!

I look forward to Act III next week.

Seriously. If you're religious, pray for that guy. He isn't well.

Comment

Working...
                                X