WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa State v Incarnate Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cydave View Post
    I paid $50 to a scalper for a ticket. I will receive nothing in return. Life goes on.
    I was wondering if you could show a ticket stub and get a replacement, but probably not because I replacement would have already gone to the original buyer who will get a two-for-one deal.

I sold some extra tickets to out-of-state folks (to whom I already contacted and told them they can have the replacements for free or let me try to sell the new ones and give the money back to them).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
      I have a friend who is an SDSU grad and he just received rain check tickets to attend the game with Incarnate Word. He tells me the SDSU fans consider this a slap in the face. I'm not sure I disagree with him. However I do understand the scheduling issues that ISU is dealing with in replacing this game.
      "Slap in the face?" Would it be better for Iowa State to pocket the money and not offer anything to the "original" purchaser of a ticket? Perhaps the few dozen fans who fall into this category should contact their ticket office and try to get a refund from the $425,000 windfall that SDSU got. Or better yet, sell the tickets to Iowa State fans who are actually excited about having an eighth home game. It is not a "slap in the face," but could be "cash in the pocket."

It has to be a logistics nightmare, but I can't think of anything better to do than what they are doing, namely giving new tickets to every original purchaser of tickets.

Comment

I don't see how it's a windfall for SDSU. They incurred all the expense of traveling to Ames for a game and are now 1 game short on the season as well, which they probably have no chance of making up. They have no additional revenue or less expense than if the game had been played other than maybe saving on some athletic tape.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

SDSU still got their check and came out of a near-certain loss completely injury free without an L in the loss column which could be huge for them come playoff seeding. It's literally best case scenario.

As far as Incarnate Word, if their name was Southeastern Oklahoma or some other directional, no one would be saying a thing about it.
          #MACtion

Comment

I believe the NCAA has already given SDSU dispensation on playing a 10 game schedule. It wont count against them come playoff time.
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              How is them adding this game any different than how many people on here want UNI to schedule more games against PFL/MEAC/etc. opponents for their non-conference games?
              Those are all the same subdivision games. They are equivalent to CUSA, SBC, MAC schools for Iowa State.

ive never been a fan of P5 schools scheduling schools like UIW (who has become a whore for the southern B12 schools), Northerstern State (really any non SHSU or McNeese (some years) SLC teams. Or the SWAC, MEAC, Big South, and most of the SoCon.

Im honestly shocked UIW is actually a counter scholarship wise. I won’t be shocked to hear they aren’t - ala Florida States win over Delaware State last year.

At at least when you’ve got an FCS school like UNI scheduling those conference your on the same basic playing level.

UIW has been a full fcs member program since 2014. They are 13-34 in that time. 8 of those 13 wins are against fellow start ups Houston Baptist, Lamar or non D1s TAMU Commerce or ACU (pre finishing their D1 move)

Comment

Two comments:
                1. Iowa State down 0-7 to Drake in the first quarter. (ISU has first possession, I believe)
                2. This is a make-up game for the SDSU game that was cancelled, right? And wasn’t there at least one ISU player serving a one game suspension for that game? So I assume he’s serving it today?

Comment

Now tied 14-14

Comment

24-20 D+ now 3rd quarter.
                    "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Wow. What an experience! Horrible turnout by Cyclone fans. Tailgate lots were nearly empty. Maybe 5000 fans. We had a good time, though. Drake came to play.

Comment

Did Iowa State have to offer refunds for the South Dakota State game tickets if those ticket holders couldn't or didn't want to attend the makeup game?
                        Would they have had to issue refunds if they hadn't played a replacement game or is there some small print on the tickets that state that refunds aren't guaranteed in the event of cancellation due to weather or other forces beyond their control?

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          Did Iowa State have to offer refunds for the South Dakota State game tickets if those ticket holders couldn't or didn't want to attend the makeup game?
                          Would they have had to issue refunds if they hadn't played a replacement game or is there some small print on the tickets that state that refunds aren't guaranteed in the event of cancellation due to weather or other forces beyond their control?
                          My understanding is that the SDSU fans were offered tickets to whatever the replacement game would be played back in September. Maybe not a popular decision with SDSU fans but what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

My understanding is that the SDSU fans were offered tickets to whatever the replacement game would be played back in September. Maybe not a popular decision with SDSU fans but what happened.

They reactivated the bar codes on the tickets. So, if you still had a ticket for the SDSU game, you could use it for the Drake game. Or if you bought season tickets or mobile tickets, you could reprint them from the Ticket Office website. However, no one was scanning bar codes (or even looking at tickets) when we went in.

I've heard of people who contacted the Ticket Office getting refunds if they had any kind of excuse, such as "I already made plans for Dec 1st." I don't think the school had to offer refunds, but did it as a good will effort.

Comment

Working...
                            X