WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Us bank classic 1st row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't get why you'd pay big money for seats for this. Every seat in the place is going to be terrible, it's just the nature of the beast. I think our seats are in the first row of the 200 level and I'm sure they will be terrible but its still a really neat event.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
      A tip for some that may not be familiar, there is a light rail system that runs from the MOA right down to the stadium. You avoid the parking nightmares downtown, the crime, have free mall parking, and a ton of pregame dining options available at the mall. Used it this fall to go to a Twins game and it worked great.
      "The crime"

Give me a break. Quit perpetuating stereotypes you know nothing about. I've lived in Minneapolis for 13 years, and downtown specifically for the past 4.5. Downtown is great. Honestly, I feel way less comfortable on the train at 11 p.m. than I ever would downtown. Just don't walk around like a drunk idiot at midnight and don't engage people you don't know and you'll be fine. Good grief.

For those of you that aren't scared of the big city, there are plenty of options near the stadium. Day Block Brewery has decent beer and a good menu (try a unique pizza). Finnegans also just opened this year and has expended their beer selection. Bar wise, Erik the Red and Bar Zia are fine - they're close, have tvs with sports and you can get a drink and get to the game quickly. There's also an Irish Pub nearby but I can't speak to it. (Unfortunately we lost our best dive bar in the area a couple months ago...RIP Grumpy's.)

As mentioned earlier, the Warehouse District has a ton of bars and is a 15 minute walk or 2-3 stops on the light rail (Metro). The Loon is fine. Though I'd recommend the food at 508 and the cheapness of the drinks at Last Call before that. Pourhouse and City Works have awesome tv set ups if you want to watch games during the day. And, my personal favorite in that area, Lyons -- hands down the best bar popcorn, plus a cool British Pub vibe (and a phone where you can call a DJ who takes requests!).

If anyone needs parking, I'd offer a free spot in my building lot, about 20 minute walk from the stadium. Just PM me.
      Last edited by UNI MadCat; 11-30-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

"The crime"

Give me a break. Quit perpetuating stereotypes you know nothing about. I've lived in Minneapolis for 13 years, and downtown specifically for the past 4.5. Downtown is great. Honestly, I feel way less comfortable on the train at 11 p.m. than I ever would downtown. Just don't walk around like a drunk idiot at midnight and don't engage people you don't know and you'll be fine. Good grief.

For those of you that aren't scared of the big city, there are plenty of options near the stadium. Day Block Brewery has decent beer and a good menu (try a unique pizza). Finnegans also just opened this year and has expended their beer selection. Bar wise, Erik the Red and Bar Zia are fine - they're close, have tvs with sports and you can get a drink and get to the game quickly. There's also an Irish Pub nearby but I can't speak to it. (Unfortunately we lost our best dive bar in the area a couple months ago...RIP Grumpy's.)

As mentioned earlier, the Warehouse District has a ton of bars and is a 15 minute walk or 2-3 stops on the light rail (Metro). The Loon is fine. Though I'd recommend the food at 508 and the cheapness of the drinks at Last Call before that. Pourhouse and City Works have awesome tv set ups if you want to watch games during the day. And, my personal favorite in that area, Lyons -- hands down the best bar popcorn, plus a cool British Pub vibe (and a phone where you can call a DJ who takes requests!).

If anyone needs parking, I'd offer a free spot in my building lot, about 20 minute walk from the stadium. Just PM me.
        Might want to avoid that one. It'll be swimming with Bizzzzzzzon fans for a Gamewatch for their football game.

#MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post

"The crime"

Agree 100%. I've been downtown many times over the years, and used to live there in the late 90s. Never felt remotely unsafe. Like you said, don't be an idiot, and there won't be any trouble.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

Same as downtown St Louis
            dont be stupid and you're fine .

Comment

lots of UNI and NDSU co mingling... we are hammered drunk. fun experience
              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Thank goodness beer was served during the game. $11 is a lot to pay, but I'd have paid much more to not have to watch that performance stone sober.

Comment

it was a cool venue and cool to see it. but the basketball was....icky
                  UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                    it was a cool venue and cool to see it. but the basketball was....icky

Funny. You could say the same thing about the Bison game at Hilton in Ames on Monday, except that the basketball was only icky for the team in green.

Comment

Working...
                    X