WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf Spectaculars - I'm in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Spectaculars - I'm in

They have the registration up and running online to play in the golf spectaculars in May. Just got my group in and got a hat too.

Let's all get out there and support the Panthers. And ofcourse golf.

• Best in-game gimmicks: UNI-Dome, Northern Iowa
    The best spots in Iowa men's hoops

By SEAN KEELER
    REGISTER COLUMNIST
    January 31, 2006

I noticed on the UNI website where Registration is up and going. Should be a great time, in support of a great organization!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Men's Spectacular - May 17th

I know it's tough to think about golf with the freezing weather we have been having...but the Men's Spectacular is only 2 weeks away!!! I'm sure the weather will be much better then the crap we've had this last weekend. It's a 2 person best shot with a 12:30 PM shotgun start at Beaver Hills Country Club.

There is still time to register and you can do it online at -----> http://www.unigolftour.com/

With your registration you will receive 18 holes of golf, cart, a very good dinner, a free Golf Tour Fleece pullover (something new this year) and a chance to hear the UNI coaches speak.

It's $100 and all proceeds benefit the UNI Athletic Club....so come out and have a great time supporting UNI Athletics.

The women's spectacular is May 24th and it is only $75.

Comment

Reminder on the Golf Spectacular. About a week away.

Are there still spots open?
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Did anyone go to the Cedar Rapids outing yesterday? How did it go?

Comment

I wasn't there...

... in person, but I understand there were approximately 140 golfers and it was a very good outing. Coach Bucknam got the group enthused at the dinner in his usual fiery manner by explaining the importance of Athletic Club membership in supporting the scholarhip program for all UNI athletes. Linn County is the third largest in the state in terms of UNI alums and we need much better support from our people in the Cedar Rapids area if we are to maintain our prominence in the Gateway/Valley Conferences.

Comment

140 golfers at $105 per person is a dang good outing! If anyone was there and wanted to point out some highlights that would be great! Cedar Rapids is a great area that needs to continually be developed, b/c of the proximity to Cedar Falls. And face it, an extra 45 minutes worth of gas still is less than the jacked up ticket prices in Iowa City (and actually, with the traffic after FB and BB games, it's about the same time!).

Comment

How have the golf outings been going this year? Are numbers up?

I was talking to JC the other day and he said the Charles City outing really had alot of people there. This is good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone
                  How have the golf outings been going this year? Are numbers up?

I was talking to JC the other day and he said the Charles City outing really had alot of people there. This is good news!
                  I think Charles City had, including coaches, about 160 golfers. They had 2 5-some's (4-some with UNI coach) on every hole except two.

They announced the New Hampton outing that was coming up only had a few spots open, so it sounds like they are all filling up.

I'll be at the UNI Football outing this thursday, so I can let you know how that goes.

Comment

I really looking forward to Wednesday's Des Moines Outing at Briarwood in Ankeny. I have my team set and we're lookng forward to bringing home the title. I'm always looking forward to meeting some fellowed Panther Nation members who I haven't seen yet, namely JCPanthers and panther2317. Hopefully some others will be able to make it to Ankeny for the day. It should be a lot of fun!

Comment

I am looking forward to the golf outing on Wednesday as well. Reed....Pantherpower and I look forward to making sure you don't bring home the title.

Any other Panther Nation brethren going to be at Ankeny?

Comment

My company is sponsoring, but I don't know that I will be able to make it. Have to wait and see how it works out on Wed.

Comment

I think you should go Ames.

Comment

Forecast for Wednesday looks to be pretty friggin' hot. That means 2 things:

I will sweat profusly
                            I will be very thirsty

Comment

Originally posted by Reed Rothchild
                              I think you should go Ames.
                              I think I should go also, but the biz doesn't always let me. I worked all weekend and I'm more behind today than I was on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X