WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rally in the Valley tomorrow night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rally in the Valley tomorrow night

Saturday night was a great night and I was happy to see the increase in $$ raised from last year.

One downside to the night was hearing of more than a couple occasions where people would put bids in after an item had closed...basically screwing whoever got in last and put a bid in within the timeframe allowed. I know on one item it was done WELL AFTER the item closed but since the girl hadn't picked up the bidding sheet it was taken advantage of. I can't speak for the others but witnessing this one happen and the way it "went down" was very classless...especially with who it was.

I put no blame on the gal at that table as she had her hands full but something needs to change for next years event with these sheets and them being pulled right on time or just another option altogether.

Thanks to Tony D for rounding up another item just like it!

Comment

So, basically you are complaining that you got outbid after the auction ended. You do realize that the point is to raise money right? So, if you have bid 100 bucks, auction ends, then someone else says they'll do 150 should the university turn away that 50 bones? I don't think so.
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
        So, basically you are complaining that you got outbid after the auction ended. You do realize that the point is to raise money right? So, if you have bid 100 bucks, auction ends, then someone else says they'll do 150 should the university turn away that 50 bones? I don't think so.
        I think his point was he didn't have a chance to bid again, pay even more, and get the item.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
          Yes I'm complaining that I got outbid after the auction ended. If an auction ends then no more bids are allowed...that's how it works. It was taken advantage of and done in a very shady way...they knew what they were doing and took full advantage of it. Dollar amount aside...should I be happy when I know I got screwed?? It's just something that needs to be policed better in the future. I wasn't the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBauer View Post
            Yes I'm complaining that I got outbid after the auction ended. If an auction ends then no more bids are allowed...that's how it works. It was taken advantage of and done in a very shady way...they knew what they were doing and took full advantage of it. Dollar amount aside...should I be happy when I know I got screwed?? It's just something that needs to be policed better in the future. I wasn't the only one.
            Have to agree with JB here.

If you're going to have an auction every year, and you want people to continue to show up and participate, then you've got to carry it out per the rules.

Need to think past the next $50 on that kind of thing.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

What I have seen done is they have many volunteers at the end and those volunteers get the bid sheets and turn them in so this does not happen. I think that is the only fair way to do it. When bids are up they are up.

Comment

Working...
              X