WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12/01/05 UNI Panthers In The News - NCAA I-AA 2005 CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS SPECIAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/01/05 UNI Panthers In The News - NCAA I-AA 2005 CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS SPECIAL

I-AA Quarterfinal Who-What-Where Top-seeded Wildcats host Northern ...
    CSTV.com - New York,NY,USA
    ... Northern Iowa rallied from a 14-point fourth quarter deficit to defeat Eastern ... The Panthers defeated Maine (56-28) in the 2001 quarterfinals and fell to ...

Column: Playoffs, we're talking about playoffs
    Albert Lea Tribune - Albert Lea,MN,USA
    ... Iowa, which is a college town where the University of Northern Iowa has made a name for itself in Division I-AA football. This weekend the Panthers staged a ...

***Extra Point - Quarterfinals: Quarterbacks make the Difference ...
    News-Herald.com - Willoughby,OH,USA
    ... Northern Iowa (9-3) at No. 1 New Hampshire (11-1). 11:00 am UNI and New Hampshire both followed familiar scripts to make it to the quarterfinals. The Panthers ...

Panthers' Surrency smooth as silk
    Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier - Waterloo,IA,USA
    ... Arguably, UNI has the best corps of receivers in the Gateway with Surrency ... But because the Panthers have used them all, none received any all-conference ...

Northern Iowa at UNH Divsion I-AA quarterfinals
    Concord Monitor - Concord,NH,USA
    ... 1 team in the country preparing for a home quarterfinal playoff game against the University of Northern Iowa on Saturday, but he was dreaming of college ...

UNH, Northern Iowa have plenty in common
    Portsmouth Herald News - Portsmouth,NH,USA
    At first glance, the University of New Hampshire and Northern Iowa football teams don't ... a linebacker at UNI in the mid-1980s, has led the Panthers to the I ...

Following the Panthers to NH can get expensive
    Waterloo Cedar Falls Courier - Waterloo,IA,USA
    ... Ardent University of Northern Iowa Panther football fans have been scrambling this week to make arrangements to get to New Hampshire for Saturday's second ...

Panthers add to legacy of great escapes
    DesMoinesRegister.com - Des Moines,IA,USA
    Northern Iowa quarterback Eric Sanders admitted the obvious: Each of the Panthers' three comeback wins in the month of November outshines the last. ...

Small fish in big pond
    ... run.". Still, the Panthers will face adjustments. ... start. "I really don't know why (the game is so early)," UNI coach Mark Farley said. ...

Santos, No. 1 UNH pick up steam
    North Adams Transcript - North Adams,MA,USA
    ... Down 38-24 with 11 minutes to play, Northern Iowa (9-3) tied it on Eric ... Jason Breeland, who had only 10 receptions coming in, led the Panthers with eight ...

Home cooking by UNH: 'Cats set for offensive foe
    Boston Herald - United States
    ... Seventh-seeded Northern Iowa comes into Durham after rallying to beat Eastern Washington, 41-38, on a field goal with 51 seconds to play. The Panthers (9-3 ...

Small fish in big pond
    By Mike Zhe. Like 58 of his University of Northern Iowa teammates, linebacker Darin Heideman grew up in the state of Iowa. But in ...

UNH Notebook: Northern Iowa will provide a stern test
    The Union Leader - Manchester,NH,USA
    Durham -- The University of Northern Iowa is the team and 11 am ... what the University of New Hampshire football team is ... A Panthers team that has been in playoff ...

Tallman's return a boost for 'Cats
    Exactly one year ago, University of New Hampshire football coaches received the X ... and will see action in Saturday's quarterfinal here against Northern Iowa. ...

UNH Notebook: Wildcat D' gets early gift
    The Union Leader - Manchester,NH,USA
    Durham -- The University of New Hampshire football team got a boost this week ... Saturday's 11 am NCAA quarterfinal game against Northern Iowa will be Tallman ...

Just out of reach
    The Easterner - Cheney,WA,USA
    ... Unfortunately for the Eagles, the UNI Panthers had been in this position before. Like the first time, when they rallied back from ...

Traveling an adventure for the Eagles en route to the UNI-Dome
    The Easterner - Cheney,WA,USA
    ... They announced the score later in the UNI-Dome and even Northern Iowa fans ... The pre-game introductions had the Northern Iowa Panthers emerging from a garage door ...

Meyer, Eagles disappointed season is over
    The Spokesman Review - Spokane,WA,USA
    ... 7 Northern Iowa in the first round of the I-AA ... to meet the media in Cedar Falls, Iowa, captured the ... The Panthers rushed for 176 yards and sacked Meyer seven ...
    Irreverence is another person's disrespect to your god; there isn't any word that tells what your disrespect to his god is. -- Mark Twain

Thank you Vista!

In addition:
    5th Ranked Gophers Looking to 'Put a Thumping on the Panthers'
    http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2005/12/02/66420
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Wow, that is a lot of coverage for the Panthers from coast to coast!

I think I will send an email of these links to the Register with a note of how much coverage UNI is getting everywhere but from the newspaper Iowa used to depend on.

I'm doing really nice, travelin' around
      But they won't play my record in my old hometown
      - Jimmy Buffett
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I actually have been reasonably happy with the demreg lately, as there's been about an article a day about UNI. I don't think we can ask for much more then that.

Nicely done Vista! Good coverage, but little respect. I think the world is in for a shock tomorrow morning.

Comment

Vista nice work!! you must have e-mail account set-up just for UNI SPORTS newslinks.
          GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Is the meet in Cedar Falls or Cedar Rapids? The article says CF and under the picture it says CR.
            "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

The meet is at 7 PM tonight in the West Gym, Cedar Falls.

Comment

Working...
              X