WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News for 8/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News for 8/16

Cyclone fans seem to think that UNI players were talking smack:

UNI has plenty to choose from in filling WR positions:

Somehow UNI now plays football in the MVC:
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

UNI talking smack.......wanna know where that really started??????

Remember when UNI was in the NCAA Basketball tourney last year?????

Well it just so happened that KCCI TV (Channel 8 in Des Moines) went over to get in on a UNI practice after not having given UNI a rip for the WHOLE YEAR. They weren't given access, so Heidi Solliday and the KCCI Sports Department were pissed.

Wouldn't you know that the smack talk rumours came from none other that KCCI Sports Department on one of their nightly new broadcasts!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not only that, but I think that the media station has to have covered over 50% (some sort of percentage) of the team's competition over the past season to get access granted to the NCAA Tourney. This may be another reason why UNI is getting more publicity this year. If those stations don't cover UNI until the end, then they won't be allowed to follow UNI at the Big Dance (that's why only KWWL and KCRG were the only one's allowed last year I believe). I heard that and thought it was pretty funny.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I remember that and thinking it was funny and serves them right at the time. However, in fairness to KCCI they give by far the most coverage to UNI sports of any station in Dsm. Look at it this way, they went to the NCAA to try and cover UNI, none of the other Dsm stations did that.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

KCCI coverage

KCCI does has by far the best coverage in the DM metro area. I watch channel 8 for that reason. Last spring I hated to see the article in the DM register that they would not allow KCCI into the the practice sessions to cover the event. I thought this would hurt the coverage in the metro area, I guess we will see when the season starts up.

As far as the smack goes I think that it is funny that they are concerned what the Panthers are saying. I do think the game last year has given them confidience, however ISU I'm sure is talking smack also about how they will blow little old UNI away we just haven't seen it. All you have to do is listen to the ISU fans or the local talk radio shows and it would be a joke if UNI would win. If that would happen you would not hear one compliment about how good the Panther played. It would just be about how bad that Colnes played. I know that any Big 12 team should beat a Gateway team. The 1-A schools have 85 scholarships to 1-AA' 63. That is 22 more playes which creates the depth the always wears you down in the big games. Plus they have a budget 5 times larger to work with.

Just give the Panthers credits when they play well which is often and let's hope the media gives them the coverage they deserve.

Go Panthes

Comment

Mac is pretty big into his guys not talking smack and into making sure his guys know if the other team is, usually this is pretty easy for him to use to get his guys pumped up to play Iowa. So I can't see ISU guys talking smack, also after last season they should know better.

I have heard a lot of ISU fans that are pretty confident in a win over UNI. At first I wasn't sure where the confidence came from. Now I think it's just lack of knowledge of the UNI FB program. They just assume if last years team could win so can this years team. They just don't know what's going on with the UNI FB program and assume its going to be a win.

Comment

Working...
            X