WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni Clip And Carry Schedules!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni Clip And Carry Schedules!!!!

Hello all:

A couple of weeks ago in the Register, on back-2-back days, they ran a nice full color schedule that included a blurb about each game, time and location as well and it even included the logos of each opponent. They looked great, so I e-mailed Bryce Miller, Executive Sports Editor and asked if they could do that for UNI.

Well, in today's Sports section...there is a full color UNI "clip and carry" schedule complete with opponent logos and a blurb about every game. It actually looks great and they did their research on the opponents.

I think if you have access...buy a Register today and clip out the schedule. Also, take the time to e-mail Mr. Miller and thank him for his efforts.

[email protected] is his e-mail address. GO PANTHERS!!!!
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Just sent my thanks you.........I also reminded him that for some reason I did not get a copy of the 12 page special addition on the Panthers upcoming season. I did get Iowa and Iowa State's but for some reason my paper must have omitted the Panther's additon by mistake.

Comment

HAHAHAHA!!! Too funny, PCF! What a great way to jab them a little. Just play dumb!
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:09:04 -0500
        To: <[email protected]>
        Subject: Sports Preview

Hello Bryce,

I saw the 12-page special edition for UI and ISU. When will you be printing the 12-page season preview for UNI?

His response.
        We include UNI in our All-Iowa Football section that publishes this Sunday. There’s at least one focused UNI story — on the offensive line.
        --
        Bryce Miller
        Executive Sports Editor
        Des Moines Register
        (515) 284-8288
        The Des Moines Register is the number one source for Des Moines and Iowa breaking, politics, business, agriculture, Iowa sports and entertainment news.

AND

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:12:11 -0500
        To: <[email protected]>
        Subject: Also...

I cannot find the link for the UNI Panthers page such as the one below on the right hand side. Could you please help me out?

His Response

We only have Iowa and Iowa State at this point, so there isn’t a focused UNI page. It takes a ton of prep work and resources to get these launched, so we’re starting with the most high-profile spots first — Iowa and Iowa State.
        --
        Bryce Miller
        Executive Sports Editor
        Des Moines Register
        (515) 284-8288
        The Des Moines Register is the number one source for Des Moines and Iowa breaking, politics, business, agriculture, Iowa sports and entertainment news.

WTF. I'd do anything to see a beating of ISU on Sept 30th. Wonder what I should respond back with. ???
        Last edited by NorthernIowaBacker; 08-24-2006, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Basically, "we're too busy for UNI". Actually thats a bunch of crap. All the junk I read about ISU and Iowa were stuff you could get in any preview-rag or on the radio every single day in Des Moines. Plus, they've been saying the same information about those schools ALL SUMMER. What a cop-out!!!

Comment

From what I have heard, Bryce has sent some very nice emails in response. It's taking time, and coverage has come slow, but steps are being taken in the right direction, IMO, to see more UNI Panthers this fall/winter.
            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Trump View Post
              Basically, "we're too busy for UNI". Actually thats a bunch of crap. All the junk I read about ISU and Iowa were stuff you could get in any preview-rag or on the radio every single day in Des Moines. Plus, they've been saying the same information about those schools ALL SUMMER. What a cop-out!!!

Exactly the reason why I will NOT be sending my thank you to the Man. We should not have to request that our team be featured in the paper, they are a State University, Drake doesn't even count and they are covered just because they are in Des Moines. This guy doesn't deserve a thank you, he deserves a swift Kick in the....... Well you know. I'll be cheering loud and Proudly wearing all my UNI Grab including the wig at the Game on the 30th, let's give them a beat down they'll never forget.
              The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
              "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

Working...
              X