WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A cool interview with two UNI guys. I just got my ticket to Canton for Kurt's induction ceremony on the 5th.

Comment

• David likely to miss half the season or more after incurring a wrist injury in the opening game.
      doh!
      Did the Sports Illustrated curse strike again?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
        David likely to miss half the season or more after incurring a wrist injury in the opening game.
        doh!
        Did the Sports Illustrated curse strike again?
        That is EXACTLY what I feared when that SI cover came out.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Looks like David Johnson has the cast off. Miss watching him play.

Comment

• "Cardinals RB David Johnson signs three-year, $39 million extension

The Arizona Cardinals have signed running back David Johnson to a three-year, $39 million extension, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal is worth up to $45 million and includes $30 million guaranteed, the source said.

Johnson, a fourth-year running back, skipped a June minicamp and two organized team activity practices as he sought a contract extension. Johnson was heading into the final year of his rookie contract and scheduled to make $1.905 million in 2018."

Entire read:
            Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson signed a three-year extension Saturday, the team announced. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the deal is for $39 million, including $30 million guaranteed, and worth up to $45 million.
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
              "Cardinals RB David Johnson signs three-year, $39 million extension

The Arizona Cardinals have signed running back David Johnson to a three-year, $39 million extension, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal is worth up to $45 million and includes $30 million guaranteed, the source said.

Johnson, a fourth-year running back, skipped a June minicamp and two organized team activity practices as he sought a contract extension. Johnson was heading into the final year of his rookie contract and scheduled to make $1.905 million in 2018."

Entire read:
              http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...lion-extension
              dumb question: his previous contract ran through this season. With him signing a 3 year extension, do those "3 years" include this season, or is it 3 years added on to the end of his previous contract?

in any case, great news to see him get that settled before the season starts. (now if only the Arizona game was being shown here. Might have to head to BWW or something tomorrow afternoon)

Comment

dumb question: his previous contract ran through this season. With him signing a 3 year extension, do those "3 years" include this season, or is it 3 years added on to the end of his previous contract?

in any case, great news to see him get that settled before the season starts. (now if only the Arizona game was being shown here. Might have to head to BWW or something tomorrow afternoon)
                Through 2021 season.

According to an article on the Cardinals' website, ESPN's Adam Schefter claims the total value can reach $45 million:

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Glad to see David Johnson got his extension. I see Fox is broadcasting tomorrow's Cardinals game. Unfortunately, in our market the Cowboys games is being shown not Arizona. Wish I could see DJ play more often.

Comment

• Congrats to DJ.

$39 mil with $30 mil guaranteed.

This contract helps him avoid the franchise tag in 2019 and 2020 which would have meant lower annual $ and less guaranteed $.

He also will now have the chance to be a free agent after this contract when the new CBA and new TV contracts are in place which is to his advantage.
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• neat video on the Cardinals twitter of David signing the extension, with his family there with him. https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/stat...08103611265024

Comment

• Not a great first game for Arizona today. The game is still in progress. However, David Johnson accounted for 30 of the 36 yards the Arizona offense had in the first half. I don't know about the second half stats but not a good showing by the Cardinals today.
                        Last edited by panthergirl123; 09-09-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• tough to get yards when you're swarmed by defenders behind the line of scrimmage

Comment

• Good news Johnson just scored a touchdown! That makes 25 rushing tds for his NFL career.
                            Last edited by panthergirl123; 09-09-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• My goodness, Arizona stinks this year. And David isn't getting any production either. Whether that is due to injury (I see he was held out of some of this past week's practices due to a back injury), playcalling, blocking problems, or what.
                              Good thing he was able to get his new contract before the season. Hope he invests it wisely.

Comment

My goodness, Arizona stinks this year. And David isn't getting any production either. Whether that is due to injury (I see he was held out of some of this past week's practices due to a back injury), playcalling, blocking problems, or what.
                                Good thing he was able to get his new contract before the season. Hope he invests it wisely.
                                Several factors for this team. First, a new coach. I loved Bruce Arians as their coach. Watched him as OC at Pittsburgh and his time at Indy before Arizona. He may come off as quirky but is definitely a player's coach. He is missed.

Second, I believe they either lost their Center or several experienced o lineman before the season started. Quite honestly their o-line is not very good which doesn't help either the quarterback and especially the running back.

I am hoping they get better and DJ can stay healthy and have production. Optimistically, it is early in the season so there is time for better play.

Comment

Working...
                                X