WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tirrell Rennie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post

Well said, people that think gun control will stop gun violence are living in fantasy land, Chicago has some of the toughest gun control laws there are and they have one of the highest murder rates as well. Not many criminals care about gun laws or go and register and complete the required paperwork out, prior to going out and robbing a bank for example the only people gun control laws effect is the legal gun owners plain and simple.
    Not to get involved too much in this, but pointing to Chicago as an answer as to why gun control doesn't work doesn't make much sense, as there aren't near as strict laws outside of Chicago. It's not like they have to go through a countriy's boarder and customs to get an illegal firearm, they just have to leave Cook County. It's super easy to get a gun in Chicago because no one outside of Chicago wants to reciprocate the gun control laws, and it's one of those issues that doesn't really get solved unless everyone is on the same page.

Again, not trying to get my opinion involved, but there are other examples of gun control not working that you can point to other than the one that makes the least amount out of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Not to get involved too much in this, but pointing to Chicago as an answer as to why gun control doesn't work doesn't make much sense, as there aren't near as strict laws outside of Chicago. It's not like they have to go through a countriy's boarder and customs to get an illegal firearm, they just have to leave Cook County. It's super easy to get a gun in Chicago because no one outside of Chicago wants to reciprocate the gun control laws, and it's one of those issues that doesn't really get solved unless everyone is on the same page.

Again, not trying to get my opinion involved, but there are other examples of gun control not working that you can point to other than the one that makes the least amount out of sense.
      What specifically are the tough laws that don't apply outside of Cook county?
      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post

What specifically are the tough laws that don't apply outside of Cook county?
        A lot of the regulations in Chicago/Illinois aren't in Indiana. There's a ban on assault rifles in Cook County, for example, but no law at all against them in Illinois or Indiana. Need a permit to purchase guns of any sort in Illinois, but not in Indiana. You don't need to register a gun in Indiana.

Might as well tell you my opinion, I've got multiple guns, I enjoy going shooting, and I don't think a nationwide gun ban will ever happen in this country, and I don't want it to. I think some gun control laws should exist, I also think there are some that should be repealed. But pointing to Chicago is a terrible example, of course it's not gonna work when you can drive 30 minutes and buy an assault rifle with very few questions asked.

Comment

What's an assault rifle that you Joe blow citizen can go buy anywhere? Also I didn't realize Chicago had a rifle problem.

How many is a "few questions" (as if the number of questions is relevant). There's like 20 questions on form 4473 plus the background check.
          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Working...
          X