WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU over Missou St 22-13 early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU over Missou St 22-13 early

NDSU dominating early 22-13 over MVC Favorite Missou St...

and we can't get an invite hmm.m
    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

why the Zzz? NDSU belongs in the mvc. they are down only 3 with 10 min left

Comment

NDSU up 1 48 47 4:30 left

Comment

NDSU up 2 1:31 left

Comment

NDSU wins 57 54 !! beats the #1 team in mvc.... yea we don't belong HAHAHAHA

Comment

OP is a douchebag who was banned from a NDSU message board for lying about playing baseball and being a general turd.
              Victory for UNI!

Comment

I don't really think UNI was a big reason NDSU isn't in the Valley. NDSU would have been much better than the last 2 additions.

Now that Creighton and WSU are out of the Valley, are we to a point where it makes sense for the MVFC to just be an all sports conference with a different name? Not like any of the remaining non-football Valley schools bring anything to the table that helps UNI (or any other program). We're never going to be in a conference that makes money off media. Might as well switch to a conference of similar schools (public with FCS football).
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                  I don't really think UNI was a big reason NDSU isn't in the Valley. NDSU would have been much better than the last 2 additions.

Now that Creighton and WSU are out of the Valley, are we to a point where it makes sense for the MVFC to just be an all sports conference with a different name? Not like any of the remaining non-football Valley schools bring anything to the table that helps UNI (or any other program). We're never going to be in a conference that makes money off media. Might as well switch to a conference of similar schools (public with FCS football).
                  good luck getting the 5 non-MVFC schools in the MVC to vote for that.

Comment

The reason why NDSU/SDSU won't be added is due to travel for most MVC schools. Evansville, Indiana State, SIU, and to an extent Mo State don't want to add another game they'd have to fly to. Last year, SIU drove to UNI for men's basketball, IIRC. That's an eight hour drive. I can't see them wanting to add another flight to their list. Murray State makes a ton of sense for them. I'm to the point that 11 teams, with Murray being the 11th, is the way to go. Good basketball school, expands the MVC reach slightly into a new geographic area, and it would add more viability to the southern schools. It allows the MVC to go to 20 conference games. It will throw a slight wrench into VB/WBB travel partners, but that can be worked out.

The MVC needs to have:
                    20 game conference schedule
                    4 Challenge games (IMO, A-10, MWC, and WCC should have a Bracket Busters pack...1H/1A predetermined in Nov/Dec and 1H/1A in Feb determined in January)
                    3-4 MTE games
                    Big Four game (for UNI/Drake)
                    1 buy game per school (no worse than 200 RPI team)

This would put the top MVC teams in line for some big time RPI's due to no bad losses. It would force P5 schools to buy in games only from teams outside the top 100-150 for most part. That would help to combat the P5 trying to squeeze out mid majors from the NCAA Tourney.
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

good luck getting the 5 non-MVFC schools in the MVC to vote for that.
                      Don't need them to for us all to leave.
                      "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

the publics should leave and join up with NDSU/SDSU for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                          The reason why NDSU/SDSU won't be added is due to travel for most MVC schools. Evansville, Indiana State, SIU, and to an extent Mo State don't want to add another game they'd have to fly to. Last year, SIU drove to UNI for men's basketball, IIRC. That's an eight hour drive. I can't see them wanting to add another flight to their list. Murray State makes a ton of sense for them. I'm to the point that 11 teams, with Murray being the 11th, is the way to go. Good basketball school, expands the MVC reach slightly into a new geographic area, and it would add more viability to the southern schools. It allows the MVC to go to 20 conference games. It will throw a slight wrench into VB/WBB travel partners, but that can be worked out.

The MVC needs to have:
                          20 game conference schedule
                          4 Challenge games (IMO, A-10, MWC, and WCC should have a Bracket Busters pack...1H/1A predetermined in Nov/Dec and 1H/1A in Feb determined in January)
                          3-4 MTE games
                          Big Four game (for UNI/Drake)
                          1 buy game per school (no worse than 200 RPI team)

This would put the top MVC teams in line for some big time RPI's due to no bad losses. It would force P5 schools to buy in games only from teams outside the top 100-150 for most part. That would help to combat the P5 trying to squeeze out mid majors from the NCAA Tourney.
                          This is 100% the way to go. Make every P5 + BE schedule look like Iowa's does this year. Also drives up the cost for them of those terrible games because there will be greatly increased demand. If they have to pay Coppin State $125k instead of $70k to get a half full building the economics of having to have home games drastically changes.

My only disagreement is on the Big 4. That thing is going away after this contract ends (2019, iirc) because Iowa is losing 2 non-con games and they would obviously rather play Coppin State and Delaware State at home than play UNI/Drake in DSM...
                          #MACtion

Comment

Missouri State sh*ts the bed again.

Loses to Georgia Southern in the first round of some terribly exempt tournament I've never heard of. Official Twitter then blames refs...
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              Missouri State sh*ts the bed again.

Loses to Georgia Southern in the first round of some terribly exempt tournament I've never heard of. Official Twitter then blames refs...
                              Favorites to win the conference? Mmmmm....maybe not.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                              X