WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWWL Dropping PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWWL Dropping PST

I don't mind KWWL dropping the broadcasting of home games but I am curious if KWWL tried to work with PST/Learfield about another time slot, how to improve ratings, etc. or just said "not interested?" It's diasppointing the local tv station doesn't show support for UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      Here we go again.
      I don't understand why people WOULDN'T want to discuss this. That was a pretty bold statement by the OP.

I mean it's gotta be a personal decision by the GM right? Because everyone is out to get uni? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the stations relationship with NBC and issues with covering up network programming among other things. Nah, that's impossible.
      Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 06-12-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

9yr, the white knight of the Iowa Hawkeyes and KWWL.

Totally unbiased and objective, obviously.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Like it or not folks, 9 year is raising some good points. Also, I'm willing to bet if you asked the management of KWWL, they don't consider themselves a "local" WCF station. They consider themselves local to the entire Cedar Valley, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, etc. You can't blame them either, and if you do, you're looking at modern media through 1970's glasses. It sucks they took this off air for the locals, but it's their business.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            9yr, the white knight of the Iowa Hawkeyes and KWWL.

Totally unbiased and objective, obviously.
            I mean why let facts get in the way of a good rant? Amirite?

Comment

I can't imagine there were more than a couple hundred people at the very most watching games on 7.3 and KWWL was taking on a lot of the production costs.

9.2 is in a much better position to do this as its actually run as a local network, rather than cheap programming from a national source (MeTV).

This isn't anywhere near as big of a deal as some of you are making it...
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                I mean why let facts get in the way of a good rant? Amirite?
                What facts? You have simply speculated like everyone else. Of course, your speculation is slanted with your personal associations, as usual.

If you have any "facts" to share with us all, Mr. Objectivity, then have at it. So far, the OP is the only person to make any statement as to what is the case here.
                UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                  If I could be PMd the information on how to contact them, it would be greatly appreciated.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Lol, you are completely contradicting yourself. Which is no surprise because you are not bright.

You are literally arguing that I somehow have some connection to the situation therefore my opinion is skewed. If that were the case, wouldn't it make sense that I have probably also talked to people with knowledge of the situation? of course admitting that wouldn't help your argument and it was also force you to acknowledge that I am correct.

Completely hypothetical of course, just like the original post.

Comment

Great news. Please don't tell me Rick Coleman its moving to channel 9. Kwwl was terrible at broadcasting uni games. This is an upgrade. And a gift.

Comment

I'm simply asking you why this happened. Despite claiming to know the facts of the situation, you have failed to provide anything of substance as to why this is the case. Rather, you immediately went to the defense for KWWL against the OP and the UNI Fan base.
                        UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                          I'm simply asking you why this happened. Despite claiming to know the facts of the situation, you have failed to provide anything of substance as to why this is the case. Rather, you immediately went to the defense for KWWL against the OP and the UNI Fan base.
                          Pretty sure I just told you. I am not going apologize for your inability to read between the lines or handle a couple tongue in cheek comments. The OP came here and tossed some speculative molotov cocktails and left. Forgive me if I didn't feel as if it warranted a well thought out response with quotes and interviews. kwwl likes uni, the GM has been there a year and a half, it was a business decision. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                            Great news. Please don't tell me Rick Coleman its moving to channel 9. Kwwl was terrible at broadcasting uni games. This is an upgrade. And a gift.
                            Right on cue, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                              Like it or not folks, 9 year is raising some good points. Also, I'm willing to bet if you asked the management of KWWL, they don't consider themselves a "local" WCF station. They consider themselves local to the entire Cedar Valley, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, etc. You can't blame them either, and if you do, you're looking at modern media through 1970's glasses. It sucks they took this off air for the locals, but it's their business.
                              yeah...good point. No one from Dubuque, CR/Iowa City went to or have heard or have interest in UNI....sigh

Comment

This thread is full of win.
                                UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Working...
                                X