WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWWL Dropping PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWWL Dropping PST

Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post
    Hmmm I grew up in Cedar Falls, folks owned a company in Waterloo and as far as I knew the center for Hawkeye history and influence was in Iowa City, in fact growing up both iowa and Iowa State were each a couple hours away.

Just still to this day makes me laugh how Hawkeye fans think that every person in the state has to be a hawkeye fan first and then a fan of another school after ! Sorry to disappoint them but the Hawks suck and I could care less if they win or lose
    I said A center, not THE center. The waterloo I club is perhaps the best in the state.

As a bright poster mentioned, UNI need to find ways to grow its fanbase rather than ignoring facts and history and blaming others. Why are we 9th the valley in hoops attendance? Is that the medias fault?

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
      I said A center, not THE center. The waterloo I club is perhaps the best in the state.

As a bright poster mentioned, UNI need to find ways to grow its fanbase rather than ignoring facts and history and blaming others. Why are we 9th the valley in hoops attendance? Is that the medias fault?
      Why are we 9th in attendance? What are your ideas to grow the fanbase???

Comment

Why are we 9th the valley in hoops attendance? Is that the medias fault?
        I think you know there is no one answer to this question.

Comment

I think a great start would be to stop being *******s to dual fans

Comment

Holy smokes there's a lot of hot air going on in here. Has this even been officially announced?? Maybe I am not very observant, but I'm yet to see it.

As far as the Cedar Valley being a "Hawkeye Center", I'd love to see any sort of statistic on UofI alumns/boosters living in the area and what percentage of the population they actually make up of the area. A wise man once told me just because they are "loud" doesn't mean they are many.

IF this is true, there has to be some sort of reasonable explanation.

Comment

once again, glad I got out of the TV business. The people are great unless they are bosses. Nobody normal really decides to be a GM or News Director. If they are good, they don't stay in a market like this for long

Comment

That's why I found it odd that the blame was being placed on a "new" gm...a year and a half seems like forever in this market.

I am going off memory and personal knowledge as far as demographics are concerned. Foundations and fundraisers track stuff like this. However there is always another solution...CALL THE COURIER!! lol

Comment

That's why I found it odd that the blame was being placed on a "new" gm...a year and a half seems like forever in this market.

I am going off memory and personal knowledge as far as demographics are concerned. Foundations and fundraisers track stuff like this. However there is always another solution...CALL THE COURIER!! lol
                  yeah shouldn't he have a job at WHO now like all of the photogs?

Comment

I think a great start would be to stop being *******s to dual fans
                    Really?? That's your answer??

Comment

Hello Panther Fans! This is Eric Braley, producer/host of the Panther Sports Talk TV program. It was brought to my attention that there was a thread on PN regarding our show. I thought I should make a post to clear a couple items up.

For the past 7 years we have aired Panther Sports Talk on KWWL-NBC after the 10pm news on Sunday nights. It has been an outstanding relationship with several GMs and upper management. Our show (www.PantherSportsTalk.com) is a 30 minute commercial for UNI Athletics every week. Interviews with coaches, features on alums and we love to spotlight the incredible student athletes that we have here at UNI. We have a strong following of viewers that watch our show on KWWL, locally on Cedar Falls Cable TV, or for free online at their convenience.

When it was time to sign the KWWL contract for next year the GM said he planned on moving the show exclusively to 7.3. We looked to see if there were any better options in the Eastern Iowa market and were happy to see offers from both KCRG-ABC and KFXA-FOX. We decided to sign a 2-year contract with KCRG to air our program on Sunday nights in a sports block of programs. For many years they have had the rights to air both the Iowa coaches show and ISU coaches show on KCRG. Assuming they get contracts signed with both Iowa and ISU, KCRG would have the nightly news, followed by Iowa coaches show, followed by Panther Sports Talk, followed by the ISU coaches show.

Additionally, Panther Sports Talk would air multiple times throughout the week on 9.2. So, if you don't want to stay up late Sunday night you can watch PST air in HD on 9.2 at 5pm on Sundays or Monday night in prime time. KWWL was unable to air our show in HD so we are excited to finally bring you all the highlights and features in HD. We will continue to air the program on CFU Channel 15 (they are an awesome sponsor), a central Iowa station (still working on contract) and for free online (www.PantherSportsTalk.com)

We would have loved to keep airing the show on KWWL but are so thankful for the opportunity to start a new relationship with KCRG. The 9.2 station is full of local content with live HS games, Iowa conference sporting events, etc. Really there is NO excuse for missing an episode or story of PST

I know that UNI and Panther Sports Properties (Learfield) is finalizing details for a TV station to air the live sporting events. I expect a press release to be made in the near future.

Hope this clears some items up on this discussion board. We love bringing you all-access coverage of UNI Athletics throughout the year on Panther Sports Talk. Thank you for the continued support and we will plan on seeing you at a Panther sporting event soon!

-Eric Braley
                      [email protected]

Here is a link to a short story we produced looking at our 250th episode of Panther Sports Talk (produced last year). Awesome memories Panther fans!

In 2012, Panther Sports Talk aired it's 250th episode and gave PST an opportunity to look back through some old UNI Panther athletics video and hear from UNI...

Comment

Well that's that then...

Comment

C'mon Eric!!

Mudra had at least 5 more pages of nonsense and conspiracy theories and r & b hasn't even had a chance to post yet. You're ruining it!!!
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            C'mon Eric!!

Mudra had at least 5 more pages of nonsense and conspiracy theories and r & b hasn't even had a chance to post yet. You're ruining it!!!
                            when have they ever let facts and the like stop them from such things?

Comment

I have seen demographic numbers in the past. I'm sure they are available online. Not that I expect people here to actually care about what they find. I mean clearly kwwl should be committed to UNI despite the general disinterest of the majority of their fanbase and the fact that the station is located in a longtime center of hawkeye history and influence.
                              I would certainly care. In fact, that is precisely what I requested. 2012-2013 data would be outstanding.
                              TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Thanks eric. Have there been any discussions around putting the games on a statewide channel?

Comment

Working...
                                X