WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWWL Dropping PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWWL Dropping PST

Heard earlier that KWWL is dropping the Panther Sports Talk show and will not air any of UNI games any longer. PST had been on KWWL for 7 years. New GM evidently told both Learfield Sports and PST that he didn't like UNI. Supposedly, shows and games now will be on KCRG, maybe 9.2. KWWL also will not announce weather-related news for area churches. New GM needs to be bombarded with questions about why the local affiliate is being so anti-UNI.

Originally posted by Anne Frank View Post
    Heard earlier that KWWL is dropping the Panther Sports Talk show and will not air any of UNI games any longer. PST had been on KWWL for 7 years. New GM evidently told both Learfield Sports and PST that he didn't like UNI. Supposedly, shows and games now will be on KCRG, maybe 9.2. KWWL also will not announce weather-related news for area churches. New GM needs to be bombarded with questions about why the local affiliate is being so anti-UNI.
    If I could be PMd the information on how to contact them, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Re: KWWL Dropping PST

Yes, I'm sure it's because someone "didn't like uni" and not because of ratings or the fact that the handful of people that DID watch usually did so to complain about the on-air talent.

Comment

Your use of the words "on air talent" ranks up there with Lake's favorite crutch, aka "slander"

Comment

It's unfortunate, but I personally think that 9.2 is a much better option than 7.3.

PST never started on time most of the year anyway because of the NFL.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
            Yes, I'm sure it's because someone "didn't like uni" and not because of ratings or the fact that the handful of people that DID watch usually did so to complain about the on-air talent.
            Ratings? LOL, they put it on at 11PM Sunday nights.

I'm sure the newest episode of "Northland Adventures" that they will replace it with will be ratings gold!
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Did you miss the part about "the games" or do you just have no concept of how rights are packaged?

Comment

I enjoy PST. Though I often have to work early on Monday mornings, so more often than not, I watched episodes online or via the reruns on CFU 15

Comment

Woah, woah, woah.... nobody said anything about there being on-air talent.

Comment

I forgot about dorn because he's only high priced.

Comment

9-yr should be muted on this subject as it being taken off the air is pure delight for him.

Comment

its very unfortunate and rather depressing but perhaps it will open some eyes as to how on unengaged most of our "fanbase" is. when you visit this board you are pretty much in the company of 90 percent of our die hard fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                          Must you argue everything???? Believe it or not, there are people on here who do know people and do know what they are talking about. People besides you.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

So you are in agreement that kwwl backed out due to someone's personal vendetta and not economics or business strategy?

Comment

Here we go again.
                              Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 06-12-2013, 09:02 PM.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                              X