WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Panther Nation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther-at-Arms
    replied
    Originally posted by Codytwo View Post

The New Topics is a satisfactory replacement, but I don't like how it only shows the name of the thread and not the forum location. Personally, I'm not interested in Wrestling and there are times where I come to the site to look primarily for new basketball postings. As with the old website style, I would like to have the ability to see all threads with new posts while being able to mentally decide whether or not to pay attention to a thread because of the forum in which it is located.
    Agree with this.

Leave a comment:

• Codytwo
    replied
    Originally posted by AmesPanther View Post

I use the "New Topics". Seems like a pretty direct replacement. Is it missing something I'm not thinking of?
    The New Topics is a satisfactory replacement, but I don't like how it only shows the name of the thread and not the forum location. Personally, I'm not interested in Wrestling and there are times where I come to the site to look primarily for new basketball postings. As with the old website style, I would like to have the ability to see all threads with new posts while being able to mentally decide whether or not to pay attention to a thread because of the forum in which it is located.

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post
    Click the "A" button that opens the editor and on the far right side is the twitter button to embed it

OR

Type {TWEET}{/TWEET} but replace the { with [. Same as the generic quote funtion
    I never even noticed that A button. That opened a whole new world for me on this site. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• GonzoCat
    replied
    Originally posted by AmesPanther View Post
    I dropped it to 5. Let's see how that goes and only if I have to will I raise it to 10. At 5 it can't possibly even be noticed. If you find a thread, click it and even read 1 word you'd be over 5 seconds.
    Thanks. I appreciate it because I'm a speed reader when it comes to many PN posts.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Click the "A" button that opens the editor and on the far right side is the twitter button to embed it

OR

Type {TWEET}{/TWEET} but replace the { with [. Same as the generic quote funtion

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied
    How did you embed the Twitter link? That looks good.

Leave a comment:

• iron panther
    replied
    Thankyou an appreciated change

Leave a comment:

• AmesPanther
    replied
    I dropped it to 5. Let's see how that goes and only if I have to will I raise it to 10. At 5 it can't possibly even be noticed. If you find a thread, click it and even read 1 word you'd be over 5 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    I'd say drop it to 10 as long as you keep the bad guys away...
    I didn't like the 30 second rule either but it never seemed to be as intrusive as this 15 second one is.

I can live with it, without question. I'm just used to site without these limits, so it's a "me" issue when I'm on here.

Leave a comment:

• AmesPanther
    replied
    Testing Twitter posting embed.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    I'd say drop it to 10 as long as you keep the bad guys away...

Leave a comment:

• AmesPanther
    replied
    The 15 second timer is just to help fight off the bad guys from doing bad things. The longer it is the harder it is for them to use it for bad purposes. It's always been there. It was actually 30 seconds for a long time.

So the 15 seconds starts when the New Topics loads and you can't click New Topics again until the timer is done. So when you load New Topics timer starts, find a thread, click thread, read that thread, and click back to New Topics. What's a good non-intrusive amount of time that would take?

Leave a comment:

• AmesPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    For me it's a two click process to get in rather than the one click it used to be, not a big deal. The more time killing deal is the 15 second wait to get back out and move to the next topic. Often it takes only a second or two to review new posts and 15 seconds is an eternity in computer time.
    I bookmark New Topics. So I start on that page. New Topics is always showing under Forums if you are logged in. I click a thread, then click New Topics in the header, click a thread, click New Topics. Where does the 15 second wait and multiple clicks come from?

Or are you saying you spend 0 seconds reading the thread so you are immediately back on New Topics and hitting the limit?

Or are you on mobile? I'll try that scenario on mobile.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    The more time killing deal is the 15 second wait to get back out and move to the next topic. Often it takes only a second or two to review new posts and 15 seconds is an eternity in computer time.
    Agreed 100%

Leave a comment:

• GonzoCat
    replied
    For me it's a two click process to get in rather than the one click it used to be, not a big deal. The more time killing deal is the 15 second wait to get back out and move to the next topic. Often it takes only a second or two to review new posts and 15 seconds is an eternity in computer time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X