WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Panther Nation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question, what does the "Tag Cloud" mean on the home page?

Is it what people are talking about on PN, or what people search for to get to PN, or something else altogether?

Just wondering, thanks!

Comment

Also, if we could imbed Tweets that would be amazing. And if we can already sorry I missed it

Comment

Ames - I've noticed a bug when it comes to copy/paste on the forum

Anytime a ... or - is pasted from an outside site the post cuts off at that symbol after hitting submit.

For example, in the countdown thread if we post a player bio it will stop and lose everything after posting after the first ... or - symbol. It will let us keep typing after the symbol and you won't know it's gone until after posting.

I thought this just affected UNI's roster formatting, but I've now noticed it when pasting from other outside sites.

Any thoughts as to why this is?

Comment

Ames - I've noticed a bug when it comes to copy/paste on the forum

Anytime a ... or - is pasted from an outside site the post cuts off at that symbol after hitting submit.

For example, in the countdown thread if we post a player bio it will stop and lose everything after posting after the first ... or - symbol. It will let us keep typing after the symbol and you won't know it's gone until after posting.

I thought this just affected UNI's roster formatting, but I've now noticed it when pasting from other outside sites.

Any thoughts as to why this is?

Comment

I copied/pasted your post ok. What other sources are there that are good to copy from?

I've been trying to decide about turning on html. It can end up with some really bad looking posts. But would allow for more options in posting.

Comment

Originally posted by AmesPanther View Post
              I copied/pasted your post ok. What other sources are there that are good to copy from?

I've been trying to decide about turning on html. It can end up with some really bad looking posts. But would allow for more options in posting.
              It's from pasting from external sites. UNI's athletic site is really bad. I ran into it again today

Use this link as an example.

http://unipanthers.com/news/2017/8/9...rterbacks.aspx

Copy and paste it and see how far you get before it stops showing it.

If it does to you what it did to me, you won't get far. Then you have to figure out what symbols are going to cause issues. So far from UNI's athletic site if found their - and ... do for sure.

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa

Comment

For the record, I tried to past the article at the end of my post. That's how far it got before it cut it off. When that happens you have to find where it cut off, what cut it off and then repaste the article (because it's also gone in the editor), find all of those symbols and remove/replace them. Then play no other symbol causes the issue that you have to repeat

Comment

Twice I tried to start a thread and twice I have failed. Not sure why... But the title did have an apostrophe at the point of failure in the title.

Title: DI Men

Comment

This post is the same as the previous (except this line AND I replaced the apostrophe with one from my keyboard.)

Title: DI Men's Basketball Committee redefines quality win
                    The NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee is altering its definition of a quality win, placing greater emphasis on winning road games by changing the team sheets that include the results of every team being evaluated for selection and seeding for the men’s basketball championship.

(All ranks RPI)

vs top 50

vs 51-100

101-200

201 or lower.

New:

home vs 1-30 + neutral vs top 50 + road vs top 75

home vs 31-75 + neutral vs 51-100 + road vs 76-135

home vs 76-160 + neutral vs 101-200 + road vs 136-240

home vs 161-351 + neutral vs 201-351 + road vs 241-351.

Comment

Ok, that worked. So the new board hates pasted apostrophes.
                      I started the topic again.

BTW, if a mod could delete my two failed topics, that would clean things up.
                      Last edited by sivert; 08-15-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I can't open it. It gives me an error message saying the page will not redirect properly.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the new post and it works.
                        Last edited by Big Cats; 08-15-2017, 10:30 AM.
                        "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

How has site traffic been since the update? I know basketball season probably draws the most traffic, but to me it seems deader around here than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                            How has site traffic been since the update? I know basketball season probably draws the most traffic, but to me it seems deader around here than usual.
                            That probably had more to do with the performance of the football team and the general mood of the board than it did with the site update.

Comment

I am still having significant issues with this site and apostrophes commas and any other

Comment

And that post did it as well when I used a quotation mark.

Any special character triggers this site and it cuts everything after it. I took a screen recording to show what I am talking about

https://vimeo.com/239562310

Last edited by clenz; 10-24-2017, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X