WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Panther Nation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's impossible to post photos still.

​​​​​​Posts with links fail probably 85% of the time for me

Editing posts is a 50/50 proposition at best most days

​​​​​​There is no longer a site admin. Ames has been on this site and replied to none of this even to say he was looking into it, even if a lie. It's clear the site is as it will forced be until vbulletin completely ends support and shuts it down or Ames doesn't renew the ownership.

I wish we could get someone that is here and active to buy it and invest making the site interactive again. I've heard rumors of people trying to purchase it but the asking price not matching clicks traffic value. Already have the platform for a site with articles and a more active board and real recruiting data bases to show up. Just can't get anyone at the top to allow that to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
      It's impossible to post photos still.

​​​​​​There is no longer a site admin. Ames has been on this site and replied to none of this even to say he was looking into it, even if a lie. It's clear the site is as it will forced be until vbulletin completely ends support and shuts it down or Ames doesn't renew the ownership.

I wish we could get someone that is here and active to buy it and invest making the site interactive again. I've heard rumors of people trying to purchase it but the asking price not matching clicks traffic value. Already have the platform for a site with articles and a more active board and real recruiting data bases to show up. Just can't get anyone at the top to allow that to happen
      Any news on the state of Panthernation.com? From anyone?

What's a link to a post you can't edit? I seem to be able to edit this one.
      Last edited by AmesPanther; 10-10-2019, 08:48 AM. Reason: Test editing.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• What's a link to a post that you have trouble editing? What browser and version are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
          It's impossible to post photos still.

This isn't some giant money making scheme. What do you want to be allowed to happen?

There have been corporate offers to buy the site. I've said the site is for the fans and if they have an idea for doing something for the fans then I'm all ears.

There have been people who wanted to be paid to run the site and write articles. I don't know what money that comes from.

If we have a Chris Williams out there great tell me how we make that work.

Comment

• Photo post.

Comment

• I'm going to edit this post.

Edited.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmesPanther View Post
                What's a link to a post that you have trouble editing? What browser and version are you using?
                Ames - I am still unable to load photos to the media gallery, so that I may link to a photo in that repository within a post.

Using a Chrome and FF, trying with both .jpeg and .gif for both browsers.

I get the message:

"Upload failed. You have exceeded the forum's upload quota of 97.7 KB by 1,009.1 KB"

In this case - and other posted about here - I get that message regardless of file size, even those well under 97 KB. I just tried again with a 27 KB .jpeg and a 9 KB .gif.

Thank you.

Comment

• Any other issues or just the uploading of images?

The size was purposely set small. At one point the hosting costs were costing me a lot per month. There are plenty of good image hosting services and PN isn't meant to be one.

I'll probably go the route that most forums go and just have the image button only allow linking and not uploading. But I wanted to keep allowing the custom avatar uploads.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmesPanther View Post
                    Any other issues or just the uploading of images?

The size was purposely set small. At one point the hosting costs were costing me a lot per month. There are plenty of good image hosting services and PN isn't meant to be one.

I'll probably go the route that most forums go and just have the image button only allow linking and not uploading. But I wanted to keep allowing the custom avatar uploads.
                    Okay, but I am still unable to upload images far smaller that the 97 KB limit that the error message states. Is it on my side? Using GIMP to make .gifs and .jpegs, trying to upload with FF and Chrome.

Is it possible to put a note on the Media Gallery itself stating that it is essentially disabled on this forum? Might save you from getting questions. Thanks.

Comment

• I'd have to agree with Ames' logic that image hosting on this site/server is just more trouble than it is worth. Find somewhere else to host the photos and link it from there. Unless there is also an issue with linking to remote images on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                        I'd have to agree with Ames' logic that image hosting on this site/server is just more trouble than it is worth. Find somewhere else to host the photos and link it from there. Unless there is also an issue with linking to remote images on this forum.
                        I've never tried to host them here. I always hyperlink..or try too

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          I'd have to agree with Ames' logic that image hosting on this site/server is just more trouble than it is worth. Find somewhere else to host the photos and link it from there. Unless there is also an issue with linking to remote images on this forum.
                          The logic is solid.

But then post that notice at the media gallery or just shut it down entirely (if the software will allow).

It is a function that used to work here and one day no longer did, with an error message that was not correct (I had tried to upload much smaller files and still got the code).

Comment

• I don't know if this is still the place to post issues, but the "mark all read" menu item at the top hasn't worked for the past month or two. Before that it was one of my favorite features.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                              I don't know if this is still the place to post issues, but the "mark all read" menu item at the top hasn't worked for the past month or two. Before that it was one of my favorite features.
                              I agree 100%

Comment

• I'm also having an issue with the arrow in the bottom right corner. It used to take me to the top of the page/thread I'm on. Now it takes me to the forum listing page.

Comment

Working...
                                X