WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Sports Radio in Des Moines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Sports Radio in Des Moines

Those that live around DSM what local sports radio do you listen to? I cant find much because really the only thing I can find is 1460 sports fanatics and that is chris williams that is huge cyclone homer and 75% of the shows are non sports related plus recently once you get anywhere outside the metro the station fades out.

I usually listen to the Morning Rush on 1460 for my morning commute. They usually have Farley and Jake on for weekly segments in season.

1700 has local sports from 12-2 (Ken Miller and Trent Condon) and 4-6 (Trent and Jim Brinson). The noon show is pretty decent. The afternoon show can be ok, depending on the guests/topics.

Comment

Yeah I can not stand Brinson. He thinks he knows it all and I have heard trent and him get into it before because Brinson wont admit he is wrong. Also hasn't Brinson left the show at least twice with out any notice to Trent and then came back a month or so later both times?

Comment

Originally posted by rhoho View Post
        Yeah I can not stand Brinson. He thinks he knows it all and I have heard trent and him get into it before because Brinson wont admit he is wrong. Also hasn't Brinson left the show at least twice with out any notice to Trent and then came back a month or so later both times?
        Yeah, the times it "can be ok" are usually when he isn't there or at least ins't talking much. I get the impression he basically just shows up and talks for two hours (while Trent does all the prep) and it shows.

He was on our side (and Drake's) in the recent Big 4 discussion.

Comment

Long time Des Moines resident. Local sports radio here blows. Really always has.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

KXNO, especially the Sports Fanatics. And believe it or not, I actually like listening to Chris Williams.

Comment

Also, I find it interesting how many calls Dan Patrick takes from people in Iowa. I don't listen that often, but it seems that he gets a lot on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                Long time Des Moines resident. Local sports radio here blows. Really always has.
                Agree. Other than the Farley/Jake segments once a week in the fall/winter, it's awful.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

This is quite shocking: Des Moines flooding: Larry Cotlar dies after being swept away by floodwaters

Comment

Wow that's unbelievable. Sorry to hear it.

No matter how much of a hurry you're in, do not drive thru standing water.

Cars aren't made for that.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I saw a headline that said "Cotlar was almost too nice for sports radio". This was exactly what i told my brother when I heard the news. Too nice, too positive, if those are your flaws, thats not a bad way to live and be remembered.
                      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Kotlar was doing sports radio in DSM before it even existed. He was one of the original hosts of Sound Off on WHO post Hawkeye football games. Sad news.

Comment

KXNO cancelled their morning and evening drive time shows. Miller/Condon and Murphy/Andy are still on for now.

The morning show had regular segments with Farley and Jacobson. Hopefully someone else in Des Moines will have them on.

https://whotv.com/2020/01/14/shows-c...restructuring/

Comment

And what little interest I had in local sports radio completely disintegrates...
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

one corporation buying up most of the radio stations around the country and then firing a bunch of people.
                              yeehaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X