WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting FB read in Wall Street Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting FB read in Wall Street Journal

This an interesting read on how Haitian immigrants are starting to make their presence known in the FB world. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1259...nDepthCarousel

The thing I really liked in the story is featured at the end

In his way, Mr. Luc is helping some families get that chance. He says he won't announce which college he will be attending until after the playoffs. He explains that, by remaining uncommitted, he knows scouts will keep coming -- and keep seeing other Titan players looking for scholarships.

"When the recruiters come, they don't watch me only. They watch the whole team. And whoever catches their eyes, catches their eyes," he says with a shy grin. "I just don't want to leave here and leave some of my teammates behind."
    On this note at least (I don't know any more about the person), he appears to a great young man. Props to him.

Re: Interesting FB read in Wall Street Journal

but how do these Haitian immigrants stack up against the renowned "angry Samoans"?

Comment

Re: Interesting FB read in Wall Street Journal

my boyfriend's dad is in the peace corp in samoa. they are very proud of their football players... and they definitely like to eat!
      Born to be a Cyclone,
      Chose to be a Panther!

Comment

Working...
      X