WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michele Obama interested in Interlude Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01PantherFan
    replied
    Re: Michele Obama interested in Interlude Dance

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post
    Did anyone ever take ice climbing with Briggs the former wrestling coach? Awesome class from an awesome guy who has awesome life experiences to share

http://www.siloiceclimbing.com/Silo_...bing/Home.html
    Never taken it yet, looks like fun ! Briggs is a great guy,known the guy for many many years and he doesnt ever seem to slow down LOL

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
    Bucky was fun...and I had Raj for Volleyball...the extra's for Wellness were awesome!
    Back in the '80s, UNI's general education requirements were divided into twelve categories. No personal wellness requirement, but we were required to take at least two one-credit courses to fulfill the gen ed. I remember there being a basic nutrition course in the group, but I think everything else was activity-oriented (tennis, golf, fencing, racquetball, running (some sort of marathon prep course, I think), weight-training, cc skiing, volleyball, etc.). A long list of options, maybe 20 or 30 (but no climbing wall yet).

Leave a comment:

• Hail Our Panthers
    replied

Did anyone ever take ice climbing with Briggs the former wrestling coach? Awesome class from an awesome guy who has awesome life experiences to share

http://www.siloiceclimbing.com/Silo_...bing/Home.html

Leave a comment:

• williebat
    replied

Bucky was fun...and I had Raj for Volleyball...the extra's for Wellness were awesome!
    My extra was cross country skiing. It was tough we went out to some awesome trails. Enjoyed it a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Purrrrrfect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ronfitch
    replied

Originally posted by williebat View Post
    I had Chris Buckman as my instructor. One of the better classes I took. Seriously learned a lot about how to stay in shape. Great guy
    I had a racquetball class with Bucky (back in the days before the personal wellness requirement). He would do good-humored, Bawwwston-accented color commentary while destroying any two students in the class in cut-throat games (and not even trying, it seemed).

Seemed like nice guy - always said hi and would chat for years after that class when I would see him around campus and Cedar Falls.

Leave a comment:

• williebat
    replied

I had Chris Buckman as my instructor. One of the better classes I took. Seriously learned a lot about how to stay in shape. Great guy

Leave a comment:

• Born-a-Panther
    replied

wait...you actually went to that class!? i stopped going after the first day!
    I had that class the semester our football team went to the National Championship game. I didn't go to a single lecture class the last two months of the semester (I was traveling with the football team that year) -- and still pulled out an A. A joke, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• UNI Prof
    replied

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
    Might be the only exercise a lot of the college kids get besides personal wellness and waking to The Hill?
    It must be a pretty good time that results in waking on the Hill.

Leave a comment:

• FOTY
    replied

Prof took attendance and used it in evaluating a final grade.

Leave a comment:

• Purrrrrfect
    replied

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
    The class did have one day with a very good point.... financial responsibility. They need to do more of that. The rest of the semester though... completely worthless.

Although, it did not even remotely compare to the "Do You Want To Be a Millionaire" presentation given in business statistics.

Leave a comment:

• FOTY
    replied

The class did have one day with a very good point.... financial responsibility. They need to do more of that. The rest of the semester though... completely worthless.

Although, it did not even remotely compare to the "Do You Want To Be a Millionaire" presentation given in business statistics.

Leave a comment:

• Panther-at-Arms
    replied

I took that class as a sophmore and already had a few classes for my coaching minor under my belt. I wanted to stab myself in the brain.

Leave a comment:

• panther-state
    replied

They finally got rid of it?? Can they exempt my C then? Worst class to ever have a freshman take. Heck, worst class at UNI by light years.

Leave a comment:

• Hail Our Panthers
    replied

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
    i believe they got rid of personal wellness due to budget cuts
    Or do to the overall worthlessness of that class. The professors running that class were what you call "not good." I'm not sure its officially gone though, is it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X