WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Future Capital Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Future Capital Improvements

what's wrong with the goal posts?

Comment

Love the idea of new seat backs in school colors!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
        Love the idea of new seat backs in school colors!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
        2nd that! It's about time. So tired of the Dome with those rainbow seats looking like an all purpose hall for a trade show rather than a home football stadium - yahoo!
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

Expand the concourses, please, literally and artificially with windows to open it up and brighten the place. The bowl still feels good, but the concourses - though clean and still look structurally good (to my eyes) - feel like you are walking in a poorly-lit tunnel.

Maybe that only enhances the effect walking into the bowl, though, which is still pretty cool after nearly forty years of going there.

Also love how big the tailgating has become for FB games recently.

Troy is doing very well as AD. We're lucky to have him.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
            No. The bor doesn't ever give Iowa money for athletics. I haven't followed the story, because Iowa spends $50 million or so on Kinnick renovations so often it's gotten boring. If the bor took any action in that regard it would have been to give Iowa permission to raise the money privately for another round of renovations. I didn't know they needed to get the bors okay for that. UNI doesn't need the bors permission to raise funds to give Jacobsen raises. Perhaps capital improvements are another story, but I don't see why. Athletics are big business at Iowa, almost completely unrelated to the university in any way.
            Facility improvements over a certain dollar amount have to be cleared through the BOR. Its a formality, however, much as it was for ISU's expansion, new scoreboard, etc. The whole Kinnick project is less than 2 years media rights payout, and that number is going to increase substantially very soon.

I was going to respond to ban's incorrect blabbering about attendance once more, but it's clear he's moved on to not understanding basic math in other areas, so what's the point.

Comment

Unlike many of you, the seatback colors don't bother me that much. Would it be nice to see them replaced/repainted? sure. But I think there are still other things that take priority for the limited budget dollars (turf, sound system, etc.). But if they were to redo the seats, I think all purple would look good.

Comment

not sure where he got them, but there are some conceptual designs of the proposed Dome renovations here.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  not sure where he got them, but there are some conceptual designs of the proposed Dome renovations here.

Whoa, that looks fantastic.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Clenz comes through again.

I like the direction here.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I miss Clenz. Might be time for some AGS again

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Whoa, that looks fantastic.
                        That's pretty cool. I'm not quite sure what the top image is showing. The club area, I imagine. The new new entrance sides looks fantastic.

Comment

That looks awesome.

If they could upgrade that exterior, update the concourse and restrooms, tray-turf system and re-do the seating to all purple...along with the huge video board they put in last year...the place would look fantastic.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I've heard it mentioned that lack of storage space in the Dome was an issue for tray turf systems, but I've always wondered why they couldn't make a storage area under the stands (the lower sections, between the field and the concourse.

Comment

I've heard it mentioned that lack of storage space in the Dome was an issue for tray turf systems, but I've always wondered why they couldn't make a storage area under the stands (the lower sections, between the field and the concourse.
                              really wouldn't be that expensive to put up a storage building would it?
                              "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Excavating all that dirt and reinforcing the concrete wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X