WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Joins Collegesports.com network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Joins Collegesports.com network

Does this have anything to do with UNI getting on CSTV more? Anyone have any additional info on this?

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I think this might be the same group that does 'GameTracker' for all home games for their 'member teams'. If so, we might be able to listen to Rima tell us what is going on during the FB/BB game, and watch the live stats online.
    Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 07-20-2004, 02:53 PM.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Website Changes

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone

I think it is a cost effective move as the article states and also. It means more exposure to UNI athletics as they are a well known Web site developer and maker. Also they offer a e-mail newsletter feature so you don't have to view UNI website every day. They send out a newsletters weekly with updates. I'm just hoping it the website will be updated in quick fashion no waiting more than 24 hours after a sporting event and such.
      GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsoup
        I think it is a cost effective move as the article states and also. It means more exposure to UNI athletics as they are a well known Web site developer and maker. Also they offer a e-mail newsletter feature so you don't have to view UNI website every day. They send out a newsletters weekly with updates. I'm just hoping it the website will be updated in quick fashion no waiting more than 24 hours after a sporting event and such.
        as much as i do like the overall idea of the collegesports.com system, i don't feel that we will get instant updates with the new site unless there is a live stats feed for every game. the athletic department and the sid office has done a great job in the last six years since rob anderson got the assistant sid job. the website went from just having a schedule and a roster for each team to having a box score up as soon as possible....which with the travel now required for our teams continuing to get better, that means after a bus ride or flight! either way, the website should be in good hands....

Comment

Originally posted by B.True
          as much as i do like the overall idea of the collegesports.com system, i don't feel that we will get instant updates with the new site unless there is a live stats feed for every game. the athletic department and the sid office has done a great job in the last six years since rob anderson got the assistant sid job. the website went from just having a schedule and a roster for each team to having a box score up as soon as possible....which with the travel now required for our teams continuing to get better, that means after a bus ride or flight! either way, the website should be in good hands....

I would like to inform you that Rob Anderson no longer works in the Sports Information Office as he is currently at Creg? as the Sports Information Director their. As for the updates from my secret source who works with college athletics in a Sports Information Office. Collegesports can have the website update after the completion of the game if they are e-mailed soon as finished writing the story or pictures. As they have a special server they are connected to such as you are connected to the net.
          GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsoup
            I would like to inform you that Rob Anderson no longer works in the Sports Information Office as he is currently at Creg? as the Sports Information Director their. As for the updates from my secret source who works with college athletics in a Sports Information Office. Collegesports can have the website update after the completion of the game if they are e-mailed soon as finished writing the story or pictures. As they have a special server they are connected to such as you are connected to the net.
            thanks for the update. if my post implied the wrong information, i apologize. rob took that creighton job in December of 2001 and the office has missed him since. did you know that he was once highly touted as the "best new women's soccer SID in 2000 by soccerbuzz.com" what a guy!!

the SID office is great at UNI and Rob is doing well at CU....as someone that knows more than he would like to about the SID life, i just have reservations about the big .com taking over for able bodied employees in a sense.

on the same note, i can't wait to see the new website...gotta keep up with the joneses...

Comment

Working...
            X