WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"McLeod Banners Upgraded, Historic Banners To Go Up for Bid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "McLeod Banners Upgraded, Historic Banners To Go Up for Bid"

From unipanthers.com:

"Among ongoing efforts to make facility and brand updates, UNI athletics has replaced the championship banners in the McLeod Center with new, more prominent banners.

The new banners list multiple championships and will help to present the championship history of UNI in a clear and concise way. There were previously 39 banners, but that number has been consolidated to 21 in the new system. The new banners will be unveiled at Wednesday night's home volleyball opener.

The replacement of the banners presents Panther fans and the department with another opportunity. The historic banners will be auctioned off via the Handbid digital auction format with the sweet 16 banners saved for the annual Rally in the Valley."

Entire read:
    CEADER FALLS, Iowa - Among ongoing efforts to make facility and brand updates, UNI athletics has replaced the championship banners in the McLeod Center wit...
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    The replacement of the banners presents Panther fans and the department with another opportunity. The historic banners will be auctioned off via the Handbid digital auction format with the sweet 16 banners saved for the annual Rally in the Valley."
    I love that. On one hand, I hope these bring in a good chunk of change. On the other, I hope they're around 10 bucks so I can pick one up.

Comment

Anyone have an update on this? We're only a few days away from when this is supposed to start.

Comment

Here is the site for the silent auction, it goes from October 15th to October 28th and the bidding starts at ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS.

NEVER F**KING MIND FOR ME, I GUESS.

Mobile bidding + auction software that makes every event a smash. Raise more money. Dazzle your guests. Pull off an amazing event.

Comment

Thanks for posting. I was wondering how the bidding would work.

Comment

Ill happily pay $150 for the banner i want but doubt it will sale for only the $150 minimum bid?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
              Ill happily pay $150 for the banner i want but doubt it will sale for only the $150 minimum bid?
              Agreed, $150 wouldn't be bad, but looks like it is a min bid. This makes me wonder if they ever sell the street banners around campus. I have a couple Cardinals baseball ones hanging in my basement, would love a UNI one. They're great display pieces.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

This effort received recognition for UNI Athletics Marketing. Looks like a few did not sell in the fundraiser ... still available?

"UNI Athletic Marketing Honored with NACMA Gold

The UNI athletic marketing staff was honored Wednesday by the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) with a Gold Award for Revenue Generation.

The honor recognizes UNI's use of old championship banners from the McLeod Center as a fundraiser. The banners were dated and in need of replacement. Instead of discarding the old banners, Panther Athletics set up an auction and raised discretionary funds for the department. The award honored UNI for the marketing surrounding the auction and the strategies put in place to make it successful."

Source:
                ORLANDO – The UNI athletic marketing staff was honored Wednesday by the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) with a Gold Awa...
                "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Must be a really prestigious award if our marketing staff won it...
                  #MACtion

Comment

Congrats to the marketing team.

Don't hate success boys.

​​​​​
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                    X