WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSC Postage Fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSC Postage Fiasco

Several reports of PSC packets showing up at people's homes with underpaid postage and 'postage due'.

The department wide level of incompetence is staggering. If you can't get postage right, what can you get right?
    #MACtion

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Several reports of PSC packets showing up at people's homes with underpaid postage and 'postage due'.

The department wide level of incompetence is staggering. If you can't get postage right, what can you get right?
    At one time all UNI mail was sent to Iowa city in bulk and was processed and mailed from there. I don’t know if that is still the procedure....

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

At one time all UNI mail was sent to Iowa city in bulk and was processed and mailed from there. I don’t know if that is still the procedure....
      Yeah - I'm not sure where it's sent but I do believe it's managed elsewhere.
      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I know what you're saying. However, it still says UNI on the envelope. UNI is getting the look and the blame.

Even if there was no control over it, it's an awful look and couple it with basically starting a GoFundMe to replace worn equipment and you look just terrible. To take it a step further, David laid out this great facilities plan that had pieces that were all ready to go and we haven't seen a single shovel in the ground yet.

I nearly made this a 'Don't Renew David Harris' thread. We're at the lowest point we've been in as a department since the late 90s and we get excuse after excuse rather than action on things that can be controlled.
        #MACtion

Comment

Hope you're putting your money where your mouth is BC.

Wanna make things better....find your check book.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

My mailing arrived with "postage due" stamped on the envelope, but my local PO delivered it without requiring any further postage. Small towns haha.
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Next year, I'll designate my PSC donation go directly to postage.

We are setting fundraising records year after year and getting less and less for it on and off the field. We're bad at the things that don't take money. That's the troubling part.
              #MACtion

Comment

Out of anyone on this site to call out for "putting money where the mouth it" I think BC is among the last that should have that thrown at him, FWIW.
                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Next year, I'll designate my PSC donation go directly to postage.

We are setting fundraising records year after year and getting less and less for it on and off the field. We're bad at the things that don't take money. That's the troubling part.
                  Exactly this.

PSC is bringing in more money than ever yet PSC employees have to worry about keeping their jobs, athletic department positions be being left unfilled, our AD has gone missing from the public eye, marketing has gotten slightly better but still has a long way to go, etc.

I know mail used to go to UI to get mailed because our mail center on campus couldn't handle that kind of load. IIRC it no longer does. Even if it does that doesn't excuse anything going out and needing postage due. I think it speaks volumes to the current athletic department leadership that former department employees - whom have left in droves since the current admin took over - are among the first to point things like this out on social media, tag the PSC in it, and have other former department members "liking" the posts.

We are 26% of the way through the 5 year strategic plan that Harris laid out last year. There hasn't been a single update in anyway to this - let alone a shovel in the ground. We were told that the football team room/suites would be done 100% for sure after last season. That project is now on an indefinite hold. Hell, even the website for the strategic plan hasn't been updated since it was published - as we were told the website would be updated with news and what not as it came in. So either nothing has been done or the website is being neglected.

Heck, part of the 5 year plan was replacing mats and upgrading West Gym - which we are now GoFundingMe to do.

What the hell is going on within the department?

Harris was hired on a 5 year contract in Feb of 2016. We are over 3 years into his tenure and can anyone say the athletic department is better off? I was as anti-Troy as anyone, but at least we got the feeling we knew what he was doing.

The small details this department are missing, consistently, is very concerning. The horrific game notes that get put out. The way schools are listed on the athletic website. Not following our own branding standings. Having a real nice contract with Nike yet consistently having admin, coaches, department members, walking around in Under Armor or ADIDAS gear. Using non-Nike game uniforms from local printing companies. Seriously - we have a ****ing contract with Nike. Why in the flying hell is it so hard to get employees that fall under that contract to wear Nike clothing on official UNI outings? Hell, the UNI athletic department hosted a give away this week AND GAVE AWAY A UNI SHIRT THAT IS FROM FREAKING UNDER ARMOR. DETAILS MATTER. Our athletic department clearly doesn't care about them. If there are this many things slipping through the crack publicly what's happening behind the scenes?
                  Last edited by clenz; 07-11-2019, 11:46 AM.
                  GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Hey fellas...by the way, on that Go Fund Me account...

They were trying to raise $15k over the next 30 days for the new wrestling mats...

And they've got $14,000 in the first 30 hours.

Welcome to 2019.

(Update....they're at $18k or 120% of the goal on day 2.)
                    Last edited by Blue42; 07-12-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hey fellas...by the way, on that Go Fund Me account... (Update....they're at $18k or 120% of the goal on day 2.)
                      I wonder if the wrestling program will be forced to hand over a significant portion of the total raised. The softball program did a similar fundraiser and was required to give a big portion to the foundation / development some sort of university wide money grab.

Comment

....and there it is.

The PN.com tradition of finding a way to turn anything positive into a negative by suggesting some dire event that likely will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

I wonder if the wrestling program will be forced to hand over a significant portion of the total raised. The softball program did a similar fundraiser and was required to give a big portion to the foundation / development some sort of university wide money grab.
                          They have stated all extra money will remain within the wrestling program, also i didnt think 15000 was going to be the full cost.

Comment

$27 large as of 9:00 pm on day 2.

#Panthertrain
                            ​​​​​

Comment

$27 large as of 9:00 pm on day 2.

#Panthertrain
                              ​​​​​
                              They just raised the goal to $60,000 this morning:

https://pawprint.uni.edu/project/16024
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                              X