WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Press Row - future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

KXEl is never giving that up and UNI is never going to pull it because their signal is HUGE, something like 27 states and 4 Canadian Provinces at night.
    Really? Can't get it worth a crap in Des Moines.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post

Really? Can't get it worth a crap in Des Moines.
      LOL - Agreed! I got the signal about the same in Indiana and Ohio as I do in Des Moines.

Comment

After sundown, the signal is directional more to the north. At night, I can't get it in southern Iowa. It's no fun in the winter when it cuts out right in the middle of OPR. Had to go to the internet - if at home.
        Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.

Comment

The daytime coverage map shows Des Moines as being in the "distant" area for reception
          At night, the station switches to a directional broadcast which is pointed more to the north (of its tower outside of Dysart), which according to the nighttime coverage map, leaves DSM out of the coverage area.
          But AM radio is a bit strange. It can be quite susceptible to interference, and many radio and auto manufacturers these days don't really put much effort into antennas for quality AM reception. However, AM radio waves interact with the earth's atmosphere in funny ways, and thus you can often pick up far away stations in sporadic spots due to skywave propagation, especially at night.

Comment

It has always been poor for me in the Twin Cities. First, southern 'burb (Eagan) that had a *bit* of contour to the land, only at night and in-and-out until we moved in '10 (car, house or an old Sony Walkman radio I used when walking the dog). Moved to the east 'burbs (pretty flat, used to be mostly cropland) and was never been able to get a signal, quit trying a few years ago.

If not for PSN on the TuneIn Radio app, I would never hear Gary and Petey or Gary and Kevin doing games.
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Did anybody listen to the final show Friday? I totally forgot about it and missed it live

Comment

I think Levin is right about a lot, but his voice - I just can't listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                  i think levin is right about a lot, but his voice - i just can't listen to him.
                  why are you yelling at me!?!?!?!??!
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

why are you yelling at me!?!?!?!??!
                    Similar to all the hot take sports shows, the louder they are the more you're gonna listen. Right?

Comment

Working...
                    X