WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark and Jill Oman Give $1 million to "UNI at DMACC" 2+2 Program for Minority Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark and Jill Oman Give $1 million to "UNI at DMACC" 2+2 Program for Minority Students

"$1 million gift will help minority students earn degrees through UNI at DMACC program

A new partnership between the University of Northern Iowa and Des Moines Area Community College aimed at helping location-bound students in Des Moines earn a college degree through UNI received a $1 million boost this week thanks to the generosity of UNI alumni.

The "UNI at DMACC" 2+2 program launching this fall at the DMACC Urban Campus in downtown Des Moines is part of UNI’s efforts to help multicultural students earn four-year degrees. DMACC’s campus is the first in Iowa with a majority of minority students, and the “UNI at DMACC” program marks the first partnership of this size and scale between a Regent university and community college.

Mark and Jill Oman, both University of Northern Iowa alumni and residents of West Des Moines, provided the generous gift to support the new program. Mark Oman, managing director of Oman Capital, is a first-generation college student who wanted to help others receive the same benefits that a bachelor’s degree provided him."

Entire read:
    https://uni-foundation.org/1-million...-dmacc-program
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

The Omans are good people. I'm glad we have diligent and reliable donors like them to help support the university.

Comment

I believe the Oman's gave UNI $10 million for scholarships roughly 10 years ago.

They're great supporters and advocates of UNI.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Yeah, that's big time. Good for them for donating, especially in an area that usually doesn't see that kind of funding.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
          I believe the Oman's gave UNI $10 million for scholarships roughly 10 years ago.

I was going to say I thought you were way off on that, but I checked with my assistant google and you got the amount and the year exactly right. Good memory.
          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post

I was going to say I thought you were way off on that, but I checked with my assistant google and you got the amount and the year exactly right. Good memory.
            C'mon now
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

And, best of all, it's actually their money!
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

And, best of all, it's actually their money!
                lol. actually not funny!

Comment

Working...
                X