WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCFCourier: "Iowa regents consider plan to replace UNI-Dome fabric roof "

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just curious - I noticed yesterday that the volleyball lines were missing from the McLeod floor, and so presumably will be replaced for the VB game at 6 tonight. I'd always assumed they were taped, but also figured it must be quite a job to get them properly located and straight, something you really wouldn't want to rush. Is there a short cut method to get this done quickly, or is it just not as difficult as I'm imagining?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
      Just curious - I noticed yesterday that the volleyball lines were missing from the McLeod floor, and so presumably will be replaced for the VB game at 6 tonight. I'd always assumed they were taped, but also figured it must be quite a job to get them properly located and straight, something you really wouldn't want to rush. Is there a short cut method to get this done quickly, or is it just not as difficult as I'm imagining?
      The corners are all permanently marked on the floor, just have to tape the lines between.
      #MACtion

      Comment


      • #18
        I've never understood why the lines had to be pulled up for basketball games.
        Maybe basketball players/officials/fans are all ADHD and get too distracted by the extra lines.

        it isn't like they undo the basketball lines for volleyball matches

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          I've never understood why the lines had to be pulled up for basketball games.
          Maybe basketball players/officials/fans are all ADHD and get too distracted by the extra lines.

          it isn't like they undo the basketball lines for volleyball matches
          I actually wish we'd purchase one of those volleyball overlays. Solves both problems.

          As far as why the lines come off for basketball, it's preferred by both TV and officials. The less lines, the cleaner it looks on TV and less distraction for officials. Same reason they need to move the women's line back to the FIBA line as well.
          #MACtion

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            I actually wish we'd purchase one of those volleyball overlays. Solves both problems.
            as a fan, I definitely prefer the look of those over a volleyball court just taped onto a basketball floor.
            but I'm curious as to whether players prefer playing on hardwood or on that sort of overlay.
            not that it is likely that UNI would have the money to spend on such a floor overlay anyway (and the space to store it, and the labor to install it and uninstall it to switch between VB and BB)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              as a fan, I definitely prefer the look of those over a volleyball court just taped onto a basketball floor.
              but I'm curious as to whether players prefer playing on hardwood or on that sort of overlay.
              not that it is likely that UNI would have the money to spend on such a floor overlay anyway (and the space to store it, and the labor to install it and uninstall it to switch between VB and BB)
              The VB floors are squares that click together. I have a square of it from the NCAA tournament when held in DM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

                The VB floors are squares that click together. I have a square of it from the NCAA tournament when held in DM.
                There are different types. some are squares that click together (sport court?), while others are like one big mat that is rolled out on top of the hardwood (taraflex).
                here is a video showing the latter that Nebraska uses (or at least used as of a few years ago, I haven't kept track to see if they have changed since)
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-ys3n6tPk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Skej75 View Post

                  If it first collapsed about 20 years ago, Stan Sheriff was not there. He died in 1993.
                  Umm. That’s not at all what she said.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    With an outdoor turf practice field going in, do you think they will increase the use of the Dome (particularly during the spring and summer) for events? More concerts, more trade shows, car shows, even weddings and other events. We need as much revenue running through that place as possible.
                    __________________
                    The McLoud Center -Bob Lutz, Wichita Eagle, 2/3/2010

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      I gotta be honest, I haven't fully conditioned myself to realize that the 90s were more than 20 years ago.
                      I'm getting old
                      I felt super depressed the other day when I went to get some adult beverages at the local store and the "We I.D." Sign, said 2000 as its legal year....wow.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X