WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rima Announces Reitrement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Air Force game is online only, but free (I think). Still, might be worth taking in the radio broadcast, just to get a sense for the new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
      The Air Force game is online only, but free (I think). Still, might be worth taking in the radio broadcast, just to get a sense for the new guy.
      are you talking about "online only" video streaming (as opposed to some traditional TV station)?
      Because I haven't seen anything to indicate that the audio broadcast will be "online only" and not on the regular radio stations (KXEL et al)

Comment

No idea where else to put this but Kevin Boyle had a change of heart and is going to continue doing radio.

Apparently he's not going to make all the road trips (he wasn't the last couple years anyway) but he's going to be JW's partner.

That's awesome news and for those of you that haven't taken the time to listen to JW call a game, DO IT! He's fantastic and, hopefully, he hangs around for a little while before he's on to bigger things.
        #MACtion

Comment

I did wonder about Boyle when I heard him as I thought he had said he was going to give it up. I really do enjoy listening JW he knows when to get excited, and is starting to develop his own style for UNI, obviously he had his own style before coming to UNI, but also adapting to a new job takes a little time.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            No idea where else to put this but Kevin Boyle had a change of heart and is going to continue doing radio.

Apparently he's not going to make all the road trips (he wasn't the last couple years anyway) but he's going to be JW's partner.

That's awesome news and for those of you that haven't taken the time to listen to JW call a game, DO IT! He's fantastic and, hopefully, he hangs around for a little while before he's on to bigger things.
            He's very good. I'm extremely impressed.

Who did TV for the Wartburg game the other night? I didn't catch the tip, and I didn't hear them identify themselves, but I thought that team was really good, as well.

Comment

Who did TV for the Wartburg game the other night? I didn't catch the tip, and I didn't hear them identify themselves, but I thought that team was really good, as well.
              Adam Dejoode was color, he is former WBB asst coach. Not sure about the play by play kid, but I would agree he was good too. Hope to see more of them.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

David Warrington. He's a 21 year old UNI student that Wells and Braley have taken under their wing. He's done a bunch of softball, volleyball and soccer too. I've always come away impressed.

Now let's not have another Austin Hansen situation with him (or Tyler Hospadarsky for that matter)
                #MACtion

Comment

David Warrington. He's a 21 year old UNI student that Wells and Braley have taken under their wing. He's done a bunch of softball, volleyball and soccer too. I've always come away impressed.

Now let's not have another Austin Hansen situation with him (or Tyler Hospadarsky for that matter)
                  Warrington absolutely killed the softball broadcasts.

I really enjoyed Warrington's admission of youth with the "I wasn't around for that" and DeJoode playing back with the "Some things are better left in the past" type things when talking about things like the Dome and whatnot. It felt like a very natural pairing that could really grow to make a great pair as they get on the same rhythms and learn each other's flow

Really enjoyable broadcast. As Warrington gets a bit more experience, he is going to be GREAT.

Agree on JW being great. I haven't caught a game on the radio yet but his weekly recaps and highlights where his audio is laid over make it abundantly clear how good he is at it. Very smooth and quick. You can tell he has a lot of experience filling time (baseball broadcasts) and being up on a super-fast action game and knowing what words to use and how (him doing hockey). That will also pay off when he has BB broadcasts solo on nights KB isn't doing it.

Between those two and Hospadarsky with the video we have an extremely talented, YOUNG, group of media guys that we need to do everything possible to hang on too.

Comment

Im a little confused as to who is hiring and paying salaries of our broadcasters is it the university or learfield?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                      Im a little confused as to who is hiring and paying salaries of our broadcasters is it the university or learfield?
                      Kind of both.

Learfield pays for all radio and Learfield branded (PSN) TV. The department pays for ESPN branded Internet broadcasts.
                      #MACtion

Comment

He was really good, especially for his age. Get him on as many broadcasts as possible.

Comment

David Warrington did an outstanding job on the UNI vs Iowa State women's game. David was the play by play on espn+

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                            David Warrington did an outstanding job on the UNI vs Iowa State women's game. David was the play by play on espn+
                            Agreed. Outstanding call. He has a bright future.

Comment

Warrington and DeJoode are a really good listen. Hoping that they get a bunch more women's games this winter and they should be the fill-ins when Wells and Lehman are calling games for The Valley and ESPN.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X