WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we choose to restrict Tailgating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do we choose to restrict Tailgating?

I haven't seen anyone in this thread say they want more drinking time....

We go early to get set up and enjoy a nice day with friends, family, and our fellow UNI fans. Its a great way for us out of towners to make a day of it. I don't think I've ever seen any rowdy or drunk fans south of the Dome.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

We have people coming from three states and a bunch more from across the state this weekend. Its a great chance for friends to catch up. Its about the only time all year all of us can be together.

Its about the event. Its not about the beer.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
        I haven't seen anyone in this thread say they want more drinking time....
        Who speaks for them ... shouldn't they have a seat at the table?
        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

We're out here drinking and have our tents and sleeping bags set up!
          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

You can't orchestrate great tailgating. It has to develop over time. In Ames, our has grown to more than 100 people and we put a lot of work (and money) into it.

There are rules ... and there are practices. It sounds like you can tailgate earlier if you want to do so, just expect to be checked by the police. If demand increases, especially for tailgates that are more than drunk-fests, the policies will be adapted. I hear Troy asking to hear from us who want to tailgate more and earlier. If he hasn't heard directly from anyone except for the question in the forum, why should he take seriously the possibility of pursuing a policy change.

When I started a thread about tailgating a few months ago, some made some fairly disparaging remarks about UNI tailgating. And while it isn't the same as in Ames and Iowa City, I found the tailgating before the Drake game to be pretty good, even though it was very hot.

If you really care about this issue, make a nice petition, get a few dozen people to sign it (or do an online version on this site), and give it to the AD. It seems like they are open to the possibility, if the facts warrant it.

P.S. I suspect that the 4 hour limit is mostly an economic matter for the campus police. If they don't have a time limit, then they probably would need to increase staff significantly, even if only a few people show up to tailgate earlier. However, if there is demand from true UNI fans to tailgate more, I doubt that the campus police would hesitate at all to provide security.

Comment

Working...
            X