WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Tailgating - South of McCloed vs North Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Tailgating - South of McCloed vs North Dome

Which lot area tends to be busier, has more tailgaters?

I think south. The north lots are designated for visiting fans. (i.e. Those people from up North)

Comment

Never been in either, but I thought someone said once that North was more students. South should be "adults."

Comment

We've always set up on the South Side (lot 6 on the map... dike lot as i call if from my days as a student) but i've always been curious how much activity there is on the other side. I know the RV lot is on that end and on colder weather games we have a travel trailer we bring to have a little shelter.

Comment

North side is more students. Keep in mind the McLeod parking lot will now have the fan zone, as well - with food trucks, entertainment, etc. So - that is obviously closer to the south side and will increase the overall vibe on that end.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

When is it decided whether fan zone will be in or outside?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
              It's nearly 3:30, so if it hasn't been announced by now, it will in all probability be outside. The Friday before the last home game, weather forecasts were calling for the chance of strong storms the next day, hence the moving of the pre-game indoors. Yes, rain is in the forecast for tomorrow but not storms so I think they'll rely on tents for cover outside.

Comment

Just read on KWWL site that the grass lots will be closed for tomorrows game and the fan zone will still be outside.

Comment

There's a gigantic number of tickets left for tomorrow. If we get to 10,000 it won't be by much.

I'd also like to have a discussion about why tailgating has been so dead over the last few years? I know weather hasn't always helped much but we used have way more people out even on crappy days? I've got some ideas of my own but I'd like to hear what other people think...
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    There's a gigantic number of tickets left for tomorrow. If we get to 10,000 it won't be by much.

I'd also like to have a discussion about why tailgating has been so dead over the last few years? I know weather hasn't always helped much but we used have way more people out even on crappy days? I've got some ideas of my own but I'd like to hear what other people think...

Iam seeing alot less tailgating and people parking in the scholarship lots, i think the donation increases are affecting this. Paid parking and increased ticket prices are equating to less attendance, could we have crossed the line for peoples cost benefit on attending games? I know i personally loved to be able to park in the grass west of the dome and it was very inviting for tailgating and had a nice area for the kids to play in. This is all gone now. I noticed this year they seem to be closing more of the grass lots. I believe i saw more tailgating going on in the grass areas than the rock and concrete lots south of the dome. Taking all these factors into account and it may be the perfect storm to waning tailgating.

Comment

Every single home game last year was raining or freezing. This year we are 50/50 for rain and about to go 2 of 3. We like to tailgate in the grass lot South of the dome and have only had one tailgate there since 2017.

UNI fans are fair weather. We need winning teams at a good price with decent weather for tailgating to be a thing. As of late, we’ve had none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                        UNI fans are fair weather. We need winning teams at a good price with decent weather for tailgating to be a thing. As of late, we’ve had none of that.
                        no wonder NDSU has far surpassed us

Comment

You fellas expect people to tailgate in the middle of a thunderstorm?
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                            You fellas expect people to tailgate in the middle of a thunderstorm?
                            Absolutely not. I do expect people to tailgate during nice days like two Saturdays ago and it's not happening then either.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                              I don't think the "Fan Zone" is ever moved inside. it is either held outside or cancelled.
                              the PSC Club Room is moved inside the connector between the McLeod and the Dome when weather conditions cause the cancellation of the Fan Zone, but that is only open to those of sufficient PSC donation level, not the general public (where as the Fan Zone is open to the public)

Comment

Working...
                              X