WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDSU vs Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU vs Western Illinois

Should we be worried about the Jackrabbits?

They beat Youngstown State last week pretty handily

They're currently beating Western Illinois 24-9 at the beginning of the 4th

Re: SDSU vs Western Illinois

Originally posted by UNISAX4006 View Post
    Should we be worried about the Jackrabbits?

They beat Youngstown State last week pretty handily

They're currently beating Western Illinois 24-9 at the beginning of the 4th
    Absolutely!!! They are for real and are extremely dangerous. If we aren't ready, they will come into the Dome and lay a whooping on us. They are obviously hungry in their first year in the Valley.

Comment

We knew going into this season that both NDSU and SDSU would be tough. The Jack's recent success only solidifies the threat.

Side note: Bison got beat by Wyoming today...hard to read that one. Wyoming beat Ohio but lost to AF. I'm looking forward to seeing how our D handles Rohl after our showing at stopping Unga at BYU.
      EVER LOYAL.

Comment

I was under the impression that they finished something like 1-10 last year and were not a strong team.

Just looked up the standings for 2007 and they were 7-4...my bad

I wonder who I was thinking of then...

Comment

WIU makes a huge comeback....down 24-22 with less than a minue to play. WIU ball, but is pinned back at their own 2 yard line with no TO's left.

Comment

Jackrabbits win 24-22. WIU failed on a 2-point conversion and then failed to recover an onside kick with under 2 minutes remaining
            "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

They were 7-4 and the Great West Conf. champs, beating NDSU for the title. I believe NDSU was ranked below us at the time??? No. 4 I think? Definitely not a slouch team.
              EVER LOYAL.

Comment

They get their official welcome to our league next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                  It would be great if that would be their first trip to the Dome, but many of them have experiece playing there two years ago. Should be a tough game. If we play up to potential, we will win. If we don't, well, it could be a bad deal for us.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    Should be a tough game. If we play up to potential, we will win. If we don't, well, it could be a bad deal for us.
                    That statement could be equally applied to more than half of our conference games....

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                      That statement could be equally applied to more than half of our conference games....
                      Definitely. It will be a tough road. Although, we said that last season and won every one of them.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                        Definitely. It will be a tough road. Although, we said that last season and won every one of them.
                        that's because we played up to our potential
                        (and got lucky in a few spots)

Comment

I'm also hoping that the week-after-week grind of the MVFC will do something to our new Dakota mates.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                            "our league"... that has a real nice ring to Newsbreaker.

Comment

YSU is TERRIBLE. WIU is average. SDSU was not impressive against a young, below average Iowa State team.

Yes, they could win in the dome. If they I think it says more about this years UNI team than anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X