WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who said that?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Who said that?

    Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
    if the team only had one goal,
    and they did not achieve it,
    then I guess the entire season was a total failure.
    Not really. National Semifinalist, while not the ultimate goal, takes a great team. The groundwork for that team was the 1990 and 1991 teams. It was a team that knew it should contend and did until the semi's.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Who said that?

      Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
      Not really. National Semifinalist, while not the ultimate goal, takes a great team. The groundwork for that team was the 1990 and 1991 teams. It was a team that knew it should contend and did until the semi's.
      I'm betting Jay is using a term called "sarcasm" there, 80.

      That said... if a certain star receiver doesn't run into a cement wall thus limiting his ability, that could have been a different game.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Who said that?

        Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post
        I'm betting Jay is using a term called "sarcasm" there, 80.
        perhaps some.
        but mostly being a smartarse (as usual for me) and playing off the literal meaning of "one goal".

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Who said that?

          Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
          perhaps some.
          but mostly being a smartarse (as usual for me) and playing off the literal meaning of "one goal".
          It wasn't my slogan, I'm just passin' along the history to you yung'uns.

          Comment

          Working...
          X