WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI vs. NDSU Des Moines Gamewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI vs. NDSU Des Moines Gamewatch

This is from the UNI LinkedIn group page:

Panther Game Watch in Ankeny
    #2 UNI Collides with #3 NDSU in Fargodome
    Please join alumni and friends for a game watch on Saturday, October 29 at Benchwarmers Bar and Grill in Ankeny. Make some noise and cheer on the #2 UNI Panthers as they take on the #3 NDSU Bison as both strive for the Missouri Valley Football Conference Championship.

Saturday, October 29- 3 p.m.
    #2 UNI Panthers (6-1) at #3 North Dakota State Bison (7-0)

Benchwarmers Bar and Grill
    705 South Ankeny Blvd.
    Ankeny, IA

I watched the UNI vs. UNLV NCAA tourney game there couple years back and there were many Panther fans there. DSM Area alum/fans should come out!
    Last edited by UNI Fight; 10-26-2011, 11:13 AM.
    GO PANTHERS!

Re: UNI vs. NDSU Des Moines Gamewatch

Originally posted by UNI Fight View Post
    I watched the UNI vs. UNLV NCAA tourney game there couple years back and there were many Panther fans there. DSM Area alum/fans should come out!
    That's funny... so did I.

Spent many Thursday evenings there when I lived in Des Moines. From what I understood, the owner was retiring. Has the new ownership made (needed) improvements to the building? Has there been any changes to the menu/food quality? Just curious....

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
      That's funny... so did I.

Spent many Thursday evenings there when I lived in Des Moines. From what I understood, the owner was retiring. Has the new ownership made (needed) improvements to the building? Has there been any changes to the menu/food quality? Just curious....
      I'm not too sure what it was like previously. I've been maybe a handful of times. A couple buddies of mine live in the apartments near there. Food is fine, what you'd expect from bar food. I've never hated what I got there. Beer is cold. Other than that I guess I don't know. I know they did go through a change of name/ownership but I haven't been recently.

I know another place that's Panther friendly for gamewatches has been Johnny's Hall of Fame downtown on Court Ave.

but who knows what it'll be like since Iowa vs. Minnesota kicks off at 2:30 PM and UNI vs. NDSU kicks off at 3 PM. Bars could be crowded with both fans. Iowa should have no trouble with helpless Minnesota but that's what Iowa fans said last year when Minnesota was 2-9 and they beat #24 Iowa 27-24 for the pig trophy that has nothing to do with football (redesign it!! See: uproar over new cy-hawk trophy).
      Last edited by UNI Fight; 10-26-2011, 11:22 AM.
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

im fairly sure that this is entirely different place under the same name and location. the current outfit is being run by the old 3bag group, caffrey, baldwin ,etc...i think

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
          im fairly sure that this is entirely different place under the same name and location. the current outfit is being run by the old 3bag group, caffrey, baldwin ,etc...i think
          So basically 3bag moved north?
          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

do they have a basketball hoop?

Comment

Lot's of UNI folks in the Ankeny area. Nice that they are giving us a full room as the aiwa fans will fill up the bar area there.
              It's about time we make the McLeod LOUD!

Comment

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
                Lot's of UNI folks in the Ankeny area. Nice that they are giving us a full room as the aiwa fans will fill up the bar area there.
                Where did you hear they're giving UNI fans our own room?? Are they really? That's nice!
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                  do they have a basketball hoop?
                  Not sure about basket hoops
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                  X